V1.1.3 - do 6700 users that already installed V1.1.2 need to reinstall?

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
I read the release notes and did not see any directions for those of us already running V1.1.2 (maybe I missed it).

Are there any new SmartSDR fixes in V1.1.3 we need such as the one Tim said may be included for the APF feature?

Were there any new changes to SmartCAT in V1.1.3 over V1.1.2?

Regards, Al / NN4ZZ
Photo of Al / NN4ZZ

Al / NN4ZZ

• 1636 Posts
  • 554 Reply Likes

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Tim - W4TME

Tim - W4TME, Customer Experience Manager

• 8461 Posts
  • 3161 Reply Likes
SmartSDR v1.1.3 only has the 6500 fix in it, but you should update when it is convenient.  No need to uninstall the DAX drivers or SmartSDR CAT when you uninstall 1.1.2 or re-install SmartSDR CAT when you install 1.1.3
Photo of Don -  ik2egl -  ai4sd

Don - ik2egl - ai4sd

• 64 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
A question for installing directly 1.1.3 from 1.1 for flex 6500
Is it suggested to un'install both SMARTSDR and SMARTCAT in the control panel ,rebooting, and then install the new release 1.1.3 ?
Photo of Tim - W4TME

Tim - W4TME, Customer Experience Manager

• 8461 Posts
  • 3161 Reply Likes
SmartSDR is not an application that is actually upgraded, per se.  Each version is totally independent from the other, allowing you to revert or "rollback" (both the client GUI and the radio software) if you like.  Uninstalling previous versions of SmartSDR are not required at any time before installing a newer version unless specifically indicated in the Release Notes.

However, if you know that you never plan to run a particular version of SmartSDR for Windows ever again, like SmartSDR v1.1.2 (aka "the 6500 virus release"), I would uninstall it before installing a newer release of SmartSDR for Windows.   Rebooting the PC after the uninstall of SmartSDR for Windows is needed to completely remove drivers from memory.

SmartSDR CAT is a fully independent SmartSDR "radio" client and is not dependent on SmartSDR for Windows.  You can install it at any time, following the specific directions for upgrading, which does require a reboot after uninstalling (again, to remove the resident portion of the driver from memory) and before installing a newer version.