Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

v1.4 remote PTT switch

W4WHL
W4WHL Member ✭✭
edited January 2017 in New Ideas
I really like having a PTT hand switch, and real quick this morning made one for v1.4 remote.  It uses a tiny Arduino connected via USB to send MOX CAT commands.  Initial testing works great.  The only bad part is DDUTIL is required to link a physical comm port to SmartCat.

I just need to make a nice enclosure for it :)

Here is the simple sketch ;

//CAT USB PTT Switch - W4WHL

int buttonState = 0;  // variable for reading the PTT status
int oldState = 0;

void setup() {
  Serial.begin(9600);
  pinMode(4, INPUT);  // initialize the PTT pin as an input:
}
void loop() {
  buttonState = digitalRead(4);   // read the state of the PTT Switch:
  if (buttonState != oldState) {  // If state has changed, do something
    if (buttonState == HIGH) {    // If PTT pressed Send MOX on
      // Turn on MOX
      Serial.println("ZZRX1;"); 
      oldState = buttonState;
    }
    else {
      // turn MOX off:
      Serial.println("ZZRX0;");  //If PTT released Send MOX off
      oldState = buttonState;
    }
  }
}

W4WHL

Comments

• W4WHL
    W4WHL Member ✭✭
    edited July 2016

here is the completed functional USB PTT switch.  My PTT switch jsut plugs into a 3.5mm jack built into the top of the pill bottle.  Looks funny but Works perfect!

W4WHL
  • Dale KB5VE
    Dale KB5VE Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    I think I saw this at my yearly Dr visit! Really this would be great for remote better than a flex knob

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.