Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

V1.4 Fantastic Upgrade

Bob G   W1GLV
Bob G W1GLV Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
From the gitgo, this version installed without a hitch. The remote function works flawlessly. I didn't read the manual yet. Pressed the remote button on my laptop and here was the audio. Made a QSO on the Brothers net, remotely. Thanks for a great radio.

Comments

• Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020

Great review!!

I am on a cruise with my wife and I wish it would end so I could get home and get the new version installed. Life is, indeed, hard!!

Jim, K6QE

• Patrick
    Patrick Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Did not take but a few minutes of operation to see how big the improvements are!!!  Great job Flex!!!
  • Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited January 2020
    No, I am a true ham.
  • Richard McClelland, AA5S
    Richard McClelland, AA5S Member ✭✭
    edited March 2015
    Figurative language, not literal.
  • k0eoo
    k0eoo Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    V1.4 has been working on my 6500 since I installed....  Been on CW, AM, SSB and NFM...  NO problems!!  Great job Flex!!  And, for the finger pointers, yes I have **** the Kool-Aid!!
    edited March 2015
    My XYL and I have been to 35 countries and she still has to be reigned in after two consecutive weeks of 12 hour days.  I can relate to wanting to be home again doing something mundane, despite being aware of how totally awesome it is to be tunneling beneath the Vatican or lounging on the beach in the Seychelles.
    edited March 2015
    Not to suggest that you don't have a valid point, but there is always a different point of view.
  • k3Tim
    k3Tim Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Install went smooth also.  Nice additions and updates - five pages of errata fixes!

Check out the remote button at top right of main menu - streama audio to PC.  I'm tuned to RHC using SAM and listening on the LAN PC.  Great audio - very clean.  SAM update has improved this mode also.  Cuban music sounding good!

Nice Job FRS !

Tim

• Patrick
    Patrick Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    DAX is clean clean clean!   No more crashing when changing profiles, remembers last profile or state exactly.  Very stable.  Wow.......
  • AA0KM
    AA0KM Member ✭✭
    edited April 2017

Praise Praise Praise Not much left to say. Things are looking up now. I put it on a laptop working great. I hope this post of praise fills up. Thanks FRS for a great upgrade and looking forward into the future.

200+ fixes/additions

AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

73 Jeff

• KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2015
    @Jim and Richard - NOT Burt 

Now you understand why I schlep my iPad so I can remote from wherever my XYL decides we need to be next.... 22 countries so far iPad via 6700 remote...

Definitely makes time in Shoe Stores pass quickly..... 

Cruises are tough though.. Internet Costs are high..but sometimes you can encourage the Captain into letting you use the Ship's radio.. that's how I got to be QRV 3W8/KY6LA
  • W5XZ - dan
    W5XZ - dan Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    even the NB is starting to work!! woo hoo !!

• DH2ID
    DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    DAX is clean, but still loses it's settings. I need 96k on I/Q for CW Skimmer,
    loses it ever so often and reverts to 48k.
  • Michael - N5TGL
    Michael - N5TGL Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    I got in just a little bit of operating time before bed...being in the UK the releases usually coincide pretty close with my bedtime, so I gave up an hour of sleep to play.  :)  First thing I noticed is the FlexControl knob WORKS GREAT!!!  No lag, just pure tuning joy.  So nice to see that fixed.  Now to dig out my USB headset, load it on the lappy and DX from the living room!

Great work guys, thanks for the new radio!
  • k3Tim
    k3Tim Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Yes - when the screen has to scroll due to "knob runout" it does this very smoothly.  There was a work around but now the 1.4 S-SDR and FlexControl play well.

edited March 2015
    That sounds like an excellent arrangement.  There's not much need for me to get properly setup for remote ops now that my mid-life retirement is over and we don't get to travel much anymore.  I could see logging into a Flex 6xxx series radio from my work computer and checking out the bands though :-) 
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    This is a know issue and we have a defect in our bug tracker to address it
  • SteveM
    SteveM Member
    edited December 2015

Let's see how the bear reacts to this pointy stick.

Hey Burt! I homeschool all of my kids (...takes a step back...).

• Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    Please put the pointy sticks away.  You might poke your own eye out.
  • Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Do Arrows count as pointy sticks? >>>------------>
    or
    Are they Sticking Points?
    73, Jay - NO5J
  • Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Nice Upgrades in the manual too. Once The download downloaded. Nothing too whinge about, but ...

73, Jay - NO5J
  • Robert -- N5IKD
    Robert -- N5IKD Member ✭✭
    edited March 2015
    Burt,
    Those band conditions are no obstacle for a Flexer.
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    High technology pointy sticks.
  • Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    When do we get some Software Defined pointy sticks?
    73, Jay - NO5J
  • Clay N9IO
    Clay N9IO Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    In a word, "Smoooooth".

I uninstalled 1.3 and 1.38 first, rebooted. 1.4 Install went uh' "smoothly".

Skimmer setup selections working correctly now in split with two pan adapters with Writelog.
    This is really nice!

CPU usage is way down, very good...

Proud to be along for the ride.

Beyond happy with your product!  Wow!
    Thanks FLEX Love my 6300!

Clay N9IO

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.