Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

V1.3.8 after 1st complete PC shutdown & restart

JB
JB Member ✭✭
edited March 2017 in SmartSDR for Windows

Power failure here this morning. I have PC on UPS so I did an orderly manual shutdown. SmartSDR and the radio were not on at the time.

Flex 6300, Win 7 SP1 64Bit (all updates) SSDR 1.3.8

On restart:

Started CAT then DAX then DDUtil 3.0 - all came up fine

Started 6300 then SSDR

Started HRD DM-780 & Log Book (latest 6.2 version)

DAX receive was OK

DAX TX button was off on DAX control panel even though it was on at last use and have not seen this reset before from last behavior.

Once turned on DAX TX worked fine. Lots of places to check for DAX being turned on is a concern as users would expect persistence - possible fix needed to simplify...one DAX TX turns that slice on for that DAX channel rather than having at least 2 places to check?

On 1st power off cycle of radio (and I did TX during testing) the radio took +- 30 seconds to shut down as it did in V1.3. When I first installed V1.3.8 the radio shut down immediately on power off. Only thing that changed was a complete power cycle of the PC.

Answers

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    The answer is that DAX is a multi-client FLEX-6000 application (it can run on multiple PCs at the same time) so you can theoretically run digital modes on a separate PC than the one running SmartSDR.  I do this when running multiple instances of CWSkimmer.  We made a global design decision to make all transmit operations a "positive user control operation", meaning the operator has to designate which slice and DAX client is responsible for transmitting.  In order to have the ultimate flexibility, it comes with a small cost and that is you may have to check the slice and the DAX client occasionally.
  • JB
    JB Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    OK. sounds good to me. You did note the power off issue though - correct?
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    Yes, occasionally the firmware will not shut down (it hangs) and will take a long time for the radio to complete the shut down process.  If this happens consistently, please open a HelpDesk support ticket so we can investigate further.
  • JB
    JB Member ✭✭
    edited October 2014

Tim, I had thought that the delayed shutdown was a bug in V1.3 as it could be corrected by keying anything after you push the button on the Flex and it would shut down within 10 seconds.

Still the same behavior in V1.3.8. I was unaware this was a different issue.

Thanks

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.