Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

V0.13.10, SSDR crashes if I click on a DX spot thats on a different band.

k0eoo
k0eoo Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
SSDR crashes if I click on a DX spot in DX4WIN if the spot is on a different band than the band I'm presently listening to. SSDR worked great if the DX spot I click on is in the same band and it even goes to CW now (changes modes)!! Thanks guys!! I'm running Flex 6500, V0.13.10, DX4WIN & DDUtil V3, W7Pro.

Comments

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    This is a known issue with the FLEX-6500. The frequency jump results in an out of resource. Can you provide a screen shot of the error detail so I can confirm my guess.
  • k0eoo
    k0eoo Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Tim, I tried the experiment as before but got different results this time. See #! slide. This time RXA went to 20m but RXB stayed on 40m and I couldn't get RXA and 20m to show on the screen (double clicked on RXA). I brought up another slice on 20m but as you can see no joy.... I then closed 20m slice and RXB and changed band to 20m and RXA showed up at the correct freq.... This time SSDR did not crash and was very solid all evening, no restarts.
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    It has happened to me a couple of times, but not always. It seems to happen on the largest band excursions. Other times, it takes me to the right band but I have to click the VFO A=> or <=VFO A link on the side of the screen to get to the frequency. It wo9uld be more convenient if it put the spot in center display, or at least somewhere on the pan display.
  • k0eoo
    k0eoo Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Hi Ken, I would like to see Flex make the interface between the Logging programs and the 6000 work as seamlessly as they do with the 5000A. Flex set the bar high with how well the PSDR worked with the 5000A and logging programs... But, because SSDR and the 6000 are such a different architecture will mean Flex and the logging program providers will have to do a little filing to fit..... Can't wait though.... Dennis, k0eoo
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    Those are not VFOs, they are Slices. The FLEX-6000 does not have any VFOs :-)
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Yeah...New terminology takes a little longer to learn. (:P

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.