v 3.1.33 6600M Display (dual monitors)

• Praise
  • Updated 9 months ago
Downloaded new software for the 6600M tonight. (been on the road all week) And now, when I reboot the radio, the logo/display all come up correctly on both the radios' monitor and the external 27" display hooked to the HDMI port. And no plugging in of the HDMI connector after booting up. I did go into the intel HD Graphics Control Panel and set the radio display to " Maintain Display Scaling" (Rotation at 90 checked) and on the external monitor set it to" Scale Full Screen" And Clicked(touched on the radio's front panel display) Apply. Then, exited out of the Control Panel. So far, every time I've rebooted the radio, both displays come up properly.
I'm a happy camper! Don't know if the above settings actually helped, or if the latest firmware did the trick. Either way, I'll take it!
Radio is working great !
james
WD5GWY
Photo of James Whiteway

James Whiteway

• 914 Posts
  • 234 Reply Likes

Posted 9 months ago

Photo of K5ROX

K5ROX

• 89 Posts
  • 17 Reply Likes
wow I wish I had version 3 ....
Photo of James Whiteway

James Whiteway

• 914 Posts
  • 233 Reply Likes
Brain ***t! Too late v2.!! :-)
Photo of Rich McCabe

Rich McCabe

• 1059 Posts
  • 225 Reply Likes
James I eventually got both mine to work after messing with Intel settings after plugging in HDMI cable after radio boot and it eventually stuck.  I truly think there is something in the settings that will make it work. Just don't know what it is.
Photo of James Whiteway

James Whiteway

• 914 Posts
  • 234 Reply Likes
Well, I jinxed it! Started the radio up today and the  "FlexRadioSystems" logo that first appears, came up sideways! BUT, on the next splash screen, it righted itself. I guess, I bragged too soon!
Not a big deal, but, I was hoping that somehow, it had healed itself or the newest firmware had a fix.
james
Photo of K5ROX

K5ROX

• 89 Posts
  • 17 Reply Likes
Its not a bug, its a feature.

The mode is for operating laying in bed!
Photo of Doug - W5WTX

Doug - W5WTX

• 23 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
I am on V2.1.33 and still having to disconnect / re-connect the HDMI cable to get my ACER external monitor to display in the correct orientation.  Was the HDMI issue supposedly fixed with this software version or is the problem still open in the FLEX tracking world?  Maybe I'm just missing something in the set up. I'm as Newbie as they come with FLEX.
Photo of Bill -VA3WTB

Bill -VA3WTB

• 3032 Posts
  • 671 Reply Likes
The issue was not fixed in V2.1.33. It is planned in an upcoming release.
Photo of Doug - W5WTX

Doug - W5WTX

• 23 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
thanks.  I'll wait patiently
Photo of Bill -VA3WTB

Bill -VA3WTB

• 3032 Posts
  • 671 Reply Likes
Doug, 1.33 was mostly to address the remote issue they were having, so they got that release out fast. And at the time they were testing the display problems and did not make it in the last release.
(Edited)