Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

v 1.4--

Answers

• DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    If I had signed an NDA, I would not have made that post Scott.
  • Corey/ KC0YNS
    Corey/ KC0YNS Member
    edited September 2015
    Had to send my 6300 in for a quick repair, After having it for 1 month I'm here to tell you I really miss my Flex with or without the update, & It's not because I don't have 6 other HF rig's to use.    
  • Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited May 2015
    I will say a prayer for you
  • wb4dwd
    wb4dwd Member
    edited February 2015
    UPOD - Under Promise Over Deliver is a sure fire principle for a successful business with happy customers.
  • Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Flex disclosed it themselves at Yuma so its not an issue. and it's almost upon us.
  • Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited May 2015
    I hope they take more time. Otherwise, when it's out, my life will no longer have a future.
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    This thread is a repeat of the various bitching threads over the past several weeks.

Frankly it's killing a lot of electrons...
  • Alan C
    Alan C Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Peter: I couldn't have said it better! Indeed!
  • M0GVZ
    M0GVZ Member
    edited February 2015
    Instead of pratting about with FreeDV and putting the release back even further they should release the feature set that was promised - FM and remote LAN.
  • M0GVZ
    M0GVZ Member
    edited February 2015
    If you wait until you've got no bugs to release software you will never ever release any.
  • M0GVZ
    M0GVZ Member
    edited February 2015
    Remote over LAN was the NUMBER ONE REASON I bought a Flex 6500. I waited through several promised deadlines expecting to get it around Xmas.

For me it is really simple. They've had plenty of time and have now decided to start messing about needlessly shoving FreeDV in. If 1.4 isn't released in time for the CQ-WPX-SSB contest which is literally 5 weeks away my Flex will be sold. 
  • M0GVZ
    M0GVZ Member
    edited February 2015
    It makes absolutely no sense to start adding stuff that isn't essential when you're already 2 months behind the announced release date.
  • Alan - KA4B
    Alan - KA4B Member ✭✭
    edited February 2015
    FreeDV was promised as a part of 1.4 and is an example of how digital modes can be incorporated directly into the radio.  To some people this is just as important as FM is to others.  I, for one, am glad to see that they are going to include FreeDV as planned.
  • Rick Hadley - W0FG
    Rick Hadley - W0FG Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    This community really needs a set of filters, like an "ignore ****" setting.... ;-)

• Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    It's not ok to **** but it's ok to **** about the bitchers.
  • James Whiteway
    edited May 2019
    On a brighter note, I can now tune my radio from my app, (thanks Peter and many others for their help) and get proper frequency info back to my app without having to do a little kludge!
    (good thing no one is counting on me being on time with my little experiment!)   :-)
    james
    WD5GWY

• Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Give em time James, They will start complaining you haven't released your app like you promised any day now. image
  • John n0snx
    John n0snx Member
    edited April 2015
    Very Well Stated Jay
  • DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    One person's complaining is another's legitimate opinion.

There is no marginal cost to a post so Flex is not subsidising anything. *If* they are, it is something called "free speech".

Best thing to do if you do not like some opinion is to move on and NOT censor.

I have a forum and NOTHING is censored, moderated and nobody is EVER admonished. And there have been some postings that I have found to be *very* offensive on a personal level.
  • Andrew O'Brien
    Andrew O'Brien Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2015
    but still a mode that requires a LOT of signal to reproduce audio that is intelligible

• DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    From Dec 2014 Insider about 1.4, "In addition to these features, we have the FreeDV/CODEC2 digital voice mode (for more background on this mode, you can visit this link: http://freedv.org), the Waveform API and an improved DAX Control Panel.  Each of these features was covered in detail in the last FlexInsider". 

So it was in, then out, then apparently in again.

• DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    It does. Just choose to ignore posts you don't like. The solution is in the users' hands.
  • Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited May 2015
    Some stand above others as a self-appointed God.
  • DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    But they are so really short in stature they have to stand on a stool to be above others.
  • Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Bravo!!! Well said!
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    That's fuuny
  • Peter K1PGV
    Peter K1PGV Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    LOL. The "free speech" argument always comes up in Internet forums.

In American law "Free speech" has to do with protection of speech from infringement by the US government.  In the EU, Article 10 of the Convention for the Protection of Human Rights is similar... it has to do with protecting speed from "public authority."

"Free speech" does not mean that anyone can say anything, anywhere, at any time.  And "free speech" has not a single thing to do with private companies, either in the US or in Europe.
    I have a forum and NOTHING is censored
    Sounds like a lovely place.

I host and moderate several forums in my professional life. In forums, as in all things in life, there need to be rules to ensure smooth functioning.  The rules on your forum are apparently that people can say very offensive things.  I think that's unfortunate.  On the (engineering related) forums I run I won't allow posts containing obviously inaccurate technical information to stand unchallenged, I won't allow personal attacks, hate speech, or "*very* offensive" things of any nature.  I also won't let anything that's overtly disparaging of my company to remain on the forum.  There's no reason I have to.  They're, quite literally, MY forums. These exist because I pay for them, and cease to exist when I say they do (they've run non-stop for more than 20 years, by the way).

It's not free speech: It's economic interest.

(Speaking of economics, you wrote that "there's no marginal cost to a post so Flex is not subsidizing anything" -- I think you need to re-read your Econ-101 text. Whether something is being subsidized doesn't hinge on whether there is additional marginal cost.  The fact that Flex pays all the costs this forum means that your posting here is subsidized by Flex.)
  • Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited May 2015
    And....where does Flex get its money?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.