Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Utilizing DDUtil with 6500 to operate Tokyo Hy-Power Amp. and Tuner

Alan ---  N5MSE
Alan --- N5MSE Member ✭✭
edited March 2018 in SmartSDR for Windows
I'm trying to get my 6500 to activate my Tokyo Hy-Power Amp and Tuner using DDUtil. v.3. automatically. I'm using the same setup that has worked for me on my 5000 for over a year. Changing the serial cable to the 6500 computer and setting up DDUtil as required and when I change bands it will not activate the Amp. or Tuner. Is there still a problem with the CAT or am I doing something wrong?

Answers

• Dudley-WA5QPZ
    Dudley-WA5QPZ Inactive Employee
    edited March 2018
    You will need to set those devices like you did with the 5000, the physical port numbers in the appropriate option window.
  • Ned K1NJ
    Ned K1NJ Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    I have used the new (made for 6000) DDUTIL version with a THP amp successfully. DDUTIL 3 has a "legacy" option for the 5000 and others. I used DDUTIL 3 version 1.44. The "old" version of DDUTIL doesn't connect to the 6000 via a comm port the way the older DDUTIL did. Ned, K1NJ
  • Alan ---  N5MSE
    Alan --- N5MSE Member ✭✭
    edited December 2013
    Ok. Here's my setup in DDUtil V.3.0.06. At the Setup tab I have signature selected and the DDUtil sees my radio, ser #, IP add. etc. My SmartCAT Port is Com 7, so on the Ports tab. In RCP1 I select COM 7 and check the B Cast. Still doesn't work, what am I missing?
  • Ned K1NJ
    Ned K1NJ Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Under the "ports" tab, I use "passive listener" and assign a physical port. The THP amp seems to like the 9600,n,8,1 setting. It works with or without follow PSDR checked. This is very much like what I do with the '5000 as well. Ned, K1NJ
  • Alan ---  N5MSE
    Alan --- N5MSE Member ✭✭
    edited December 2013
    Ned: Thank you so much for the information. I was missing that one little thing. My USB cable is assigned COMM 4. I put that in the port under Passive Listener with 9600-8-N-1 selected. I also had to select under **** Radio, Follow PSDR and select the Kenwood option. It works great. I knew it should work as well as the 5K did, I just couldn't get the right combination. 73, Alan N5MSE

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.