Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Util and Vita Referenced components not found

Jason Walther
Jason Walther Member
edited June 2017 in SmartSDR API
When building the Vita.csproj I get an error stating that "The Referenced component 'Util' could not be found. Also, when building Flexlib, I get an similar error concerning "UiWpfFramework", "Util" and "Vita". I'm new to VS 2017 and learning my way around. I appreciate any help. It's probably a very simple fix. My last major projects were in VS 2003 and VB6.

Answers

• Jason Walther
    Jason Walther Member
    edited June 2017
    Okay, I figured this out on my own. Perhaps I can share what I did so that I can save others some time not repeating these steps... This may not be totally accurate, but in the process of grasping for straws, I believe this is exactly what I did... if not, someone please chime in and correct me:

In VS 2017 Community, Open each of the  Util.csproj, UiWpfFramework.csproj, and Vita.csproj, one at a time, and run a build each one. Do Util first, as the other two depend on this one being built first. When you see a error icon next to the defective reference for "Util" in UiWpfFramework, right click it, remove it, then Right Click on References above in the tree and select Add Reference... click Browse and browse to the Bin folder in Util project folder and re-add the DLL. Repeat the process in the Vita project and then the FlexLib project, once you have successfully compiled each component, make sure you have added references in Project>Add Reference>Assemblies>Extensions... after you've done this, your References tree in the Solution explorer should look happy and your Error List should be empty. You should be able to compile with no errors!

Now, I hope to find some code examples to play with to get started!

• Paul Burton
    Paul Burton Member ✭✭
    edited June 2017
    What are you trying to do with Flexlib, Jason?

• James Whiteway
    edited June 2017
    Jason, there are several samples in this subforum. And a lot of smart guys who can help you thru the snags. James WD5GWY
  • Paul Burton
    Paul Burton Member ✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Jason, I wrote an app to tie a Behringer Midi controller into Flexlib and control various Flex 6k functions using the knobs, sliders, and buttons on the Midi controller.  You can find the source (and the app) at
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/rsbsidlv5mljq5n/AAC4puhwbGXHfGxzQaS8UEnpa?dl=0

it may give you a starting point for what you want to do.

Paul

• Jason Walther
    Jason Walther Member
    edited June 2017
    I would like to be able to programmatically set the frequency on a couple slice radios and then stream them so I can listen or record them simultaneously. I know it sounds strange to want to do such a thing.
  • Jason Walther
    Jason Walther Member
    edited June 2017
    Awesome. I don't have the Midi device, but I'm sure I'll learn something. 
  • Jason Walther
    Jason Walther Member
    edited June 2017
    Hi Paul, Can I PM you through Facebook or something? I'd like to take your code and replace the Midi parts with just some buttons and sliders on a Windows form. I think the app doesn't get too far in my case because I don't have the Midi controller, but I think I can take that part out and make it work with some simple controls. It also complains about a Profile List Problem. I'm not sure what that is exactly. Thanks! 
  • Paul Burton
    Paul Burton Member ✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Jason, you can email me at my first name at my ham call dot com.  Yes, the midi part could be easily removed.  Adding buttons and sliders is easily done with the Form Designer (just click on it in the Solution Explorer) where you can use the ToolBox to place one of the tools on the form.  They can be referenced in the form code, but there is a trick.  I'm happy to help where i can, but didn't go so far as to get into the streaming stuff.  When you get that running, I'd like to see the source.

Paul, AA6Z
  • Eric-KE5DTO
    Eric-KE5DTO Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited June 2017
    As mentioned in the other thread (https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/cannot-find-ionic-zip-in-api-zip-download), this is acknowledged and is something that we will address.  Thanks for bringing this to our attention.
  • Jason Walther
    Jason Walther Member
    edited June 2017
    James, have you seen and VB.Net examples?
  • James Whiteway
    edited June 2017
    Yes, I have a very simple vb.net test program that I started, and abandoned because I tried to keep it and a C# duplicate going at the same time. I found that it is easier to maintain just one code base than two. Plus, all of the API code for Flexlib and the other dll's are written in C#. Much easier to work with. I will dig thru my sample code when I get home. Most of it was written in the beginning, by another person that was on the forum. And I believe there may be others using vb.net as well. James WD5GWY

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.