Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Using TX1/2/3 with sequencer functionality

Tim Blank
Tim Blank Member ✭✭
edited November 2016 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I would like to use the TX1/TX2/TX3 outputs in lieu of a sequencer to control a vhf preamp. I see many old posts (3 years ago) that seem to talk about possible new future SmartSDR features but I see further mention suggesting anything was done. Given the lack of a 30db preamp in the 6500 it would seem to me that serious 6m users with a 6500 would need a preamp to be usable for EME and weak signal work (as proved with performance comparison with W0VB who has a 6700). Was there ever any sequencer functionality implemented in SmartSDR? Is anyone using these outputs for the application I describe?

Regards, Tim 

Answers

• Jd Dupuy
    Jd Dupuy Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    If there ever was sequencer functionality implemented I would never use it. I would never use anything but an external quality sequencer to protect my expensive mast mounted preamps and relays for EME or bands through 10 GHz. In my case I need 3 and sometimes 4 separate timed events to happen, where you only may need one or 2. W6PQLs four Event Sequence has worked well for me and his Amplifier Control Board which can also be used to switch an LNA. Let the radios keyline start the sequence, then let a proven circuit design do the rest. Many options out there to choose from. Just my nickel input.

http://www.w6pql.com/relay_sequencer.htm
    http://www.w6pql.com/amplifier_control_board.htm

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.