Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Using the RX A Port

Options
Wayne
Wayne Member ✭✭
edited August 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
If I place a receive antenna on the RX A port and choose that port as receive and Ant 1 as transmit and do not select fdx mode is the receive antenna protected from transmitted rf when I transmit on antenna 1?

Answers

• W2PP
    W2PP Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Options
    yes
  • Mike VE3CKO
    Mike VE3CKO Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Yes, I have a bi-directional beverage one direction to RX-A and the other to RX-B on my 6700
  • Cal  N3CAL
    Cal N3CAL Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Caution,  it actually depends on the type antenna your using (it's not a blanket yes),  if you have say a Pixel Broadband Magnetic Loop RX antenna connected to RX A  the antenna's pre-amp at the antenna side is still live and is not protected just because it's connected to the RX A port.  The radio receiver side is protected but not the antenna.  You would need to remove power to the Ant preamp while in TX.  (Any of the RCA TX1-3 hooked to your Pre-Amp controller would remove power during TX).

Cal/N3CAL
  • Clay N9IO
    Clay N9IO Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Wayne you are going to find there are many ways to configure these radios, this is mine. I am mainly interested in chasing DX.

First of all no problems here with RX antennas and high power either.
    I enjoy being able to use (all) of my antennas for receive with my SixPak two radio antenna switch. Manual selection works fine but I took mine a step further with a Genovation keypad that I can quickly select RxA, RxB, Ant2 I connect to the radio's receive and can select Ant1 to TX and RX.
    SixPak is not the only two radio switch to perform similarly.

• Wayne
    Wayne Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Very nice setup Clay :-)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.