Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Using the RX a port for receive

Wayne
Wayne Member ✭✭
A 2nd question what is the difference between connecting my vertical for receive on the RX a port and selecting it as receive or connecting my vertical to the Ant 1 jack and selecting Ant 1 for receive in the single use Slice A is there a difference or an advantage of doing it 1 way over the other?

Answers

• Mike VE3CKO
    Mike VE3CKO Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Difference is if you use RX-A you cannot transmit on the vertical if you want to. If you use ANT-1, then you would be able to transmit and receive on it. The advantage of using RX-A is that you cannot make a mistake and accidentally transmit on a receive only antenna.
  • k3Tim
    k3Tim Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    This is an interesting thread as I recently strung a 'small' Beverage On Ground almost (BoGa) on the ground (within 1 foot).  The noise reduction can be -10dB. Connected the BoGa to RX-A as Mike suggests. It seems QSK CW is better with RX-A + ANTx selection rather then ANT1+ANT2 -  on a 6500. I think the dual SCO units would not show this difference, correct?

_..--
    k3Tim 
  • Cal  N3CAL
    Cal N3CAL Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    What type vertical is it?  If you use your vertical on the RX-A port you wont be able to TX on it and you wont be able to tune it as you go band to band. 

Cal/N3CAL
  • Mike VE3CKO
    Mike VE3CKO Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    I use an Antenna Genius and I did not want to waste 2 or 4 ports for the beverage. At some point hopefully in the very near future they will add the capability to change AG inputs from both SmartSDR and the Maestro, but for for now when I'm not in my shack and I want to manually change antennas I must use what is currently available within SmartSDR and the Maestro ANT-1, ANT-2, RX-A and RX-B. Of course I can remotely login using something like TeamViewer and change the AG app on the desktop in the shack but that is not an option with the Maestro I carry around the house unless I also carry around a laptop which defeats the whole purpose.
  • Wayne
    Wayne Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Thanks all great info so with the 6400 we have 4 ant ports total if the xvtr port is counted :-)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.