Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Using my 6300 over wifi

Bob - WD8KND
Bob - WD8KND Member ✭✭
edited February 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
I finally got my laptop to work over wifi using my 6300. Lately though, I've been having an issue. When I bring up the Smartsdr and connect, I hear and see everything as I should. If I press the remote button, everything starts to echo and my transmission is garbled. When I turn off the remote the echo goes away and I'm still able to transmit. I thought the remote had to be pushed in order to transmit. I'm very confused. The transmitted audio isn't good either though. I'm not that far away from my router and the ssdr says I have a full signal. Any ideas?
Bob

Answers

• Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited May 2015

You shouldn't hear any audio on your computer until you hit the REMOTE button. Are you, by any chance, also using the DAX? You don't need the DAX on remote operation.

Jim, K6QE

• George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Are you in the same room with the rig speaker/headphones on?
    Also check your Windows Control Panel (Sound) to ensure you don't have "listen to this device" checked on your audio streams.
  • Bob - WD8KND
    Bob - WD8KND Member ✭✭
    edited May 2015
    NO. Outside on the deck.
  • W4WHL
    W4WHL Member ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    You need to turn off DAX.  First turn it off on the slice under DAX - set to none.  Also make sure its off in the DAX control panel on your laptop

William
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    The REMOTE button is only for playback through the Windows default playback device.  You have to select PC in the mic drop down to transmit using a mic connected to the PC.

If you are getting an echo, I suspect there is a Windows sound device setting that is allowing the mic to pic up audio from the speakers and play it back through the speakers causing the echo.

• Bob - WD8KND
    Bob - WD8KND Member ✭✭
    edited May 2015
    Thanks Tim. The last time I tried it, it worked OK. I'm not sure what changed either time. I'll keep a closer look as to how everything is set

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.