Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Using Headphones with SSDR?

David Salomon
David Salomon Member ✭✭
edited February 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
I must be missing something.  I cannot find any way to disable the front speaker and enable the headphones when using SSDR.  It can be done through the front panel, just not through SSDR.  That can't be right.

Can anyone confirm or point me in the right direction?

73 - David, AG4F

Answers

• K5CG
    K5CG Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    There are two mute/volume controls at the top right. One for speakers and one for headphones. The headphone volume controls the volume to the headphone jack ON the radio, not on your PC.
  • George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Yes, it can be done in SSDR. Select in the upper right corner of the SSDR window. Both can be on or off, with individual level controls.

• George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Yes, it can be done in SSDR. Select in the upper right corner of the SSDR window. Both can be on or off, with individual level controls.

• David Salomon
    David Salomon Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Got it.  I didn't see those.  I knew that couldn't be right.  Thanks!
  • Bill-N6RV
    Bill-N6RV Member
    edited October 2018
    To disable the front radio speaker go to the upper left settings pull down, select the Radio Setup and the RX tab. The last button at the bottom of the window enables and disables the front panel speaker. It was running for a few days before I stumbled across it.
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
     Bill,,That would not be correct in SSDR for windows.
  • Bill-N6RV
    Bill-N6RV Member
    edited April 2018
    It works here. What is not correct?
  • Bob- W5TX
    Bob- W5TX Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Bill is correct to disable front speaker
  • K5CG
    K5CG Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    The "Binaural Audio" button? Really?
  • Bob- W5TX
    Bob- W5TX Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    No the button that says disable front panel speaker. Not in front of radio so can’t see drop down but it’s in the RX tab
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    This is for SSDR for windows

it can be done in SSDR. Select in the upper right corner of the SSDR window. Both can be on or off, with individual level controls.

There are two mute/volume controls at the top right. One for speakers and one for headphones. The headphone volume controls the volume to the headphone jack ON the radio, not on your PC.
  • Bill-N6RV
    Bill-N6RV Member
    edited October 2018
    imageimageimage
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    I don't think he was talking about the M models,,as he said later he found what he was looking for on the top right corner
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    he was not asking about the m model radios,,what he needed was at the top right corner of SSDR,,he found them.
  • Bill-N6RV
    Bill-N6RV Member
    edited April 2018
    These controls are in SSDR not on the radio. The top right corner of SSDR has volume controls for the speaker and headset that come out of the radio. They have nothing to do with computer speaker volume. That is true for both 6600 and 6600M. To shut of front panel speaker see picture above.
  • David Salomon
    David Salomon Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    I was talking about an M model (6600M), but I think George's answer applies to all the signature series radios.  Since they're all running the same SSDR, it should be the same.  My question arose because the headphone/speaker control that is accessible via the front panel is not via SSDR.  I didn't notice the tiny buttons at the top right (cleverly disguised with the title "PC Audio", which it is not).
  • K5CG
    K5CG Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    OK, your post didn't say anything about which model and I have no such button in SSDR for Windows with my 6300 so it doesn't apply to all. Just sayin'
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    The button that says PC audio is used when working remote to listen from the radio via PC. Or to listen to the radio audio when speakers are plugged into the PC audio device.
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    David although all radios use SSDR, the screens are different from the 6600 and the 6600M. and the screen functions work differently. This is maybe were the confusion comes in here.
  • Bill-N6RV
    Bill-N6RV Member
    edited April 2018
    I agree with Dave. I did not expect something saying PC audio would control the speakers out of the radio.. but they do!. I do not remote radios so I have not tried it with a PC. Possibly there is a way to configure a remote PC so those sliders control the volume. I will try it on my laptop.
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Bill yes on remote those same buttons and sliders will be on the laptop and the audio is controlled with them. just the same way as you would working from your PC. the PC audio button used to be called Remote. Then they changed it.image
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited April 2018
    The ONLY radios that have a front speaker are the M model radios.  So Bill's comment is applicable. 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.