Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Using CW Decoder to TX with F6k?

Steve G1XOW
Steve G1XOW Member ✭✭
edited July 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
Hi All,

Recently been evaluating CW decoder apps (for non-contest use) and found that the high-noise RX capability of "CW Decoder" by Grant WD6CNF is very impressive. In my opinion its better on noisy bands like 80/40m than Fldigi, MRP40 or CWskimmer for pulling the squeaks out of the mud.

However, I cannot get it to TX on my 6500 using SSDR/DAX at all. It will key the PTT TX but will not send audio out. Has anybody got this setup / working correctly pls?

73 de Steve G1XOW

Answers

• Pat N6PAT
    Pat N6PAT Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Do you have the window default sound settings correct?. This is what works for me with MRP40. You also need to set ACC and VOX in SSDR Then enable your DAX channel - I set mine to 1 in the slice and make sure it's enabled in the DAX control panel as well

• Michael Coslo
    Michael Coslo Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Hi Steve - after you get your problem ironed out, I'll have a question on how you set it up. I'm seeing different DAX Audio RX channels, but not 1, or 2 when I try to set the sound card part of the program up.
  • Kevin
    Kevin Member
    edited July 2019
    Out of curiosity I just loaded CW Decoder. It only showed 6 audio cards and none were RX1. RX2 was there so I changed slice a to channel 2. Other issue is when I saved settings it complained about a MIDI problem.

Of course I haven't read any doc yet. That comes later. :)

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited February 2017
    This is most likely a deficiency in the CW Decoder where they do not allow for dynamic enumeration of all sound devices and set up an arbitrary limit on the number it would display.  We have seen this in other digital mode programs.
  • Kevin
    Kevin Member
    edited February 2017
    Thanks Tim. I was checking my results against others here in case I missed something. Everything else is working as expected.

kev

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.