Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Using Bluetooth Earbuds with SSDR iOS ?

Options
W2ECK
W2ECK Member ✭✭
Trying to get my Bluetooth earbuds working with SSDR iOS 2.9.5:0.52 D1.41 and my Flex 6600. I was able to hear audio by going to the Audio tab, and turning on the “Listen Only Switch” , but then am not able to transmit obviously. Looked at some older posts on subject in the archives, but they don’t seem to apply to this version. So my question is how can I use Bluetooth earbuds and still have the transmit function available ?? And hopefully also use the earbuds built in mic? 73 Paul W2ECK

Answers

• JohnSweeney
    JohnSweeney Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Options
    I am using Apple Air Pods on my iPhone with the exact same version of SSDR iOS and they work fine for TX and RX.
  • Mark NS9N
    Mark NS9N Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Hi Paul, I am not a Apple guy but I do use my iPhone 10xs with your exact setup. To get mine to work, I set up my ear buds to work making both standard cell phone calls and Skype calls. After that all worked, and no it was not obvious all the settings but the Apple store new all the tricks, then SDR played perfectly. Maybe that can help you get you working as well. Regards, mark
  • W2ECK
    W2ECK Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Options
    What controls, features do you turn on or off to get ur Bluetooth earbuds to work? Pail w2eck
  • Mark NS9N
    Mark NS9N Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Under the microphone pull down on my phone running SSDR iOS, there is an iPhone selection. This is what I choose.
  • W2ECK
    W2ECK Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Where do u find the microphone pull down ?
    Thanks to others for responses, but so far no change - still not able to get to work other then the LISTEN Only option

Paul

• Mark NS9N
    Mark NS9N Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Hi Paul, please see attached photo image
  • Steven WA8Y
    Steven WA8Y Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Options
    I tried mine (PC) but there was a delay so I don't use them (V2.3.9). How do remove the latency?
  • Mike  W1BFA in Maine
    Mike W1BFA in Maine Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    I had some early version ear buds as well as BT speakers that wouldn't work properly with the iPad on SmartSDR. They would play tunes fine.. I ended up with some newer versions later and those came up and worked fine.  I haven't tried them recently but if I get a chance I will and verify the models and whether they work on my iphone 8 also.  I remember Marcus saying there were some incompatabilities with some BT devices back along.  Mike
  • W2ECK
    W2ECK Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Finally got the Bluetooth earbuds working with SSDR iOS on my iPad. Thanks to suggestion from John wa8clt, I uninstalled the version I had installed on iPad and then downloaded the newest version, then did an update. That got audio working on earbuds. Then after playing around with various settings on the MIC pull down button, settled on iPad selection, finally got the mic working on earbuds and successful T’ xing. So thanks to all who responded for the help. Now onto trying to get Smartlink working on iPad- so far no joy there. 73 Paul W2ECK

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.