Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

User Report - v2.0 Remote Ops at Starbucks

Larry - WA7LZO
Larry - WA7LZO Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
6700 with v2.0, using both Maestro and iPad Pro, 7-25-2017: 

So, here's my bottom line v2.0 User Report:

1. Loading v2.0 software was an absolute snap, very easy and extremely quick, and completely problem free.

1. Oh, so much simpler to set up v2.0, juxtaposed to yesteryear's messy/complex VPN setup approach.

2. Using CDPD inside of Starbucks, this baby now smokes it! It's panadapter and waterfall are both smooth as silk! Same awesome v2.0 performance with both Maestro and iPad Pro.

3. WiFi at Starbucks still don't cut it. Choppy, jerky, etc. I recommend Shultz get his Ham ticket, and pronto, and buy a nice 6600M. This way, he'll be motivated to speed up WiFi at his cafes.

Other casual observations:

WX was 80 degrees, visibility unlimited, barometer steady, no precip, winds calm. The joint was packed, as usual, with the line going out the door into the parking lot. Baristas were generally in great moods, and moved things right along. However, my Vente Drip double cup Pike was rather bitter today, and while I requested 190 degrees, it wasn't all that hot today. Chuck is slippin' a bit here. Albeit, it could also be I was so enamored with v2.0 over CDPD, I let my double cup linger too long, and thus it cooled off too much, even having inserted the official Starbucks green stopper between sips, to maintain thermal stability as best as possible. Just want to be fully transparent, as all politicians so often (falsely) claim.

Br,
Larry
WA7LZO

Comments

• Lee - N2LEE
    Lee - N2LEE Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Larry let me know when you are going to be working this Starbucks Special Event station again. I would love to add one of your unique Mocha Frappuccino QSL cards to my collection. :)
  • Ross - K9COX
    Ross - K9COX Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    When I splurge I order the senior coffee at McDonalds. The Wi-Fi is good there. 
  • Lee - N2LEE
    Lee - N2LEE Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Ross I have seen the Special Event QSL cards from McDonalds. They aren't as nice as the Starbucks QSL cards. Plus that Clown holding the callsign freaks me out. :)
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    The new WAS Award...not your grandfather's WAS...the new one is "Worked All Starbucks!"

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.