Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

User Poll - OS & programs used when DAX issues occur

JB
JB Member ✭✭
edited February 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows

Here is an interesting question based on Steve's (K9ZW) comment in one of the DAX issues threads.

Many have tried to document the DAX issues but I have not seen a tie to specific operating systems. It might be helpful if we did a quick poll of those interested to see if specific OSs have more problems than others. Like Win XP vs. Win 7 or Win 8 or Win 8.1 or Mac running a variety of emulators.

My issues have occurred on Win 7 Pro SP1 - all current updates - SmartSDR 1.3, HRD 6.2 - latest revision.

Anyone else want to share in short form?

Answers

• Steve W6SDM
    Steve W6SDM Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2014
    WIndows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP!,  running with an Intel Core i7 2700K @3.50 GHz.  I have the latest Windows updates installed.
  • George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Mac OSX 10.10 (Yosemite) running Windows 8.1 under Parallels 10. Everything woks pretty smoothly.
  • Paul Burton
    Paul Burton Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017

Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit SP1, running an Athlon 3-core 3.6 Ghz proc.  Things were working fine, but recently I started getting BSD every few hours.  I suspect a driver conflict involving either DAX or CAT , and am doing further testing to nail it down.  Also, DAX reccently failed on transmit and I found that I needed to set a fixed IP address for the flex in the router.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.