Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Useful CWX function key ideas

Jay -- N0FB
Jay -- N0FB Member ✭✭
I played around with the CWX panel including the function key setup. After completing F1 with "CQ CQ DE N0FB N0FB K", I ran out of ideas for the other 11 function keys. What are some other good macros which have proven useful/handy within the confines of the current 1.3 release level of capability?

Answers

• KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    5NN TU 73
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Here are a few possibilities that I use... Your call Ur 5NN IN (Insert your own state) Tu 5nn IN Agn? Test NM9P Use your imagination..basically anything that you send repeatedly when contesting or DXing so you don't wear your fingers out.
  • Jason Donnelly
    edited April 2020
    In my MFJ auto-keyer - I found it useful to have it set up for field day or contest/sprints.  6 digit grid, state, op and/or qth details.  Might find it useful to have one set up with rig & ant info?  good luck.
  • Robert -- N5IKD
    Robert -- N5IKD Member ✭✭
    edited March 2015
    F2 Name is Robert, QTH is Lake Dallas  TX.
    F3 Rig is Flex 6700 into 40 Meter Loop up 30 feet.
    F4 Rig is Flex 6700 into G5RV up 38 feet.
    F5 Your Signal is 599 5NN.
  • Steve W6SDM
    Steve W6SDM Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2014
    It really depends on how you operate.  If you're doing contesting, you will probably want a "CQ TEST" button and a  "5nn State TU" button.  Of course if you're a contester, you have these buttons programmed on N1MM, plus you have an incrementing serial number, which you don't have with CWX.

I like putting my rag chew text in, name, rig, antenna, etc. 

No matter what, you will want a CQ button, maybe also a CQ DX button too.  Just figure out what it is that you  do over and over and program a button.  Flex did a good job on this interface and made it really easy.
  • W4EY
    W4EY Member
    edited June 2018
    I have found that you can put SPACES between the TXT to keep from running the CW characters to close. Example: SET F1Key with   CQ   CQ   CQ   de   W4EY   W4EY    W4EY   K  
    I placed two spaces between each CW TXT character with the delay set to 1100 and CW Speed between 20 and 25 CWPM.  Even three spaces gives a good CW Character  KEY FLOW.
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Question.... Is the content of CWX buffers stored in global profiles? It would be nice to have a CW DXing profile, a CW Contesting profile, and a CW Rag Chew profile, each with its own set od CWX memories.
  • Bob N7ZO
    Bob N7ZO Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Hi Ken,  I agree about the separate CWX profiles.  I made a similar comment here:
    https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/cwx_only_profile
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited June 2020
    We plan to add the CWX macros to the global profile
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Excellent!  Another big plus.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.