Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

USB Port On Radio

Jim WA0JIM
Jim WA0JIM Member
edited November 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Is it possible to use the USB port on the radio to support a USB wireless network device?

Answers

• G4NRT
    G4NRT Member ✭✭
    edited March 2019
    I understand that the only USB device supported is the ThumbDV digital voice stick.

David G4NRT
  • Mack
    Mack Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Jim, Not at this time. In the not too distant future you'll be able to control your peripherals that need band and BCD data using those ports without a computer. 73, Mack W4AX Alpha Team
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    It doesn't work for that purpose. However you may be able to connect to wifi via the ethernet port using a bridge. 
  • Jim WA0JIM
    Jim WA0JIM Member
    edited November 2016

Thank you David that what I was thinking.

I was hoping I could keep the flex isolated from my network as far as hardwired connection was concerned.

Not a big deal but it would have been nice not to have to add surge protection to my Ethernet drop to the radio to provide protection for the radio and the network devices.

Tnx Jim

• Dan -- KC4GO
    Dan -- KC4GO Member
    edited March 2018
    You can go RJ45 to Fiber and back for less than $100 if your looking for isolation. Have several of those here in Central Florida.  Cable Company is a killer to my routers etc...  So I start with one between Cable Modem and NightHawk Router.
    Oh a link: https://www.amazon.com/MC110CS-Converter-single-mode-1-2miles-mountable/dp/B0034CSUD0/ref=sr_1_4?ie=...
  • Jim WA0JIM
    Jim WA0JIM Member
    edited November 2016
    Thanks Dan I think I will order one.  I have some PolyPhaser gigabit protectors I am going employ on my trunk lines between switches as well.
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    @Mack,

After seeing Steve's comment on the insider about the USB port and the DEMI amps I thought it would be something available in this release. 

Looking forward to it on 1.10 
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    The short answer is no. 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.