Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

USB port hooked with ACOM 2000A

2»

Answers

• Pekka, OH2TA
    Pekka, OH2TA Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Hi Mark, 
    will try to get my very old ACOM2000A remotely controlled using DDUtil, but wondering how powering up the Acom is handled? I can leave the main Power on (or use a web controlled AC socket) with Acom on remote site, but how to power it up as I now do with the RCU unit? I understood DDUtil works only after the Acom has been powered up? The RCU unit will obviously need stay beside the linear on remote site?
    Pekka, OH2TA
  • Mack
    Mack Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Pekka,

I've described how to remotely turn on your Acom 2000a in this same thread in a post below. I use this unit. https://www.dxengineering.com/parts/aom-rpon?seid=dxese1&cm_mmc=pla-google-_-shopping-_-dxese1-_...

Mack
    W4AX
    Alpha Team
  • Pekka, OH2TA
    Pekka, OH2TA Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    OK, thanks and sorry did not notice
  • Pekka, OH2TA
    Pekka, OH2TA Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Hi David, 
    I found you posting saying have you have a Belkin WeMO Maker set up to momentarily connect 12 volts to the remote power on pin on rear DB 9 on amp. I have a Raspberry Pi which controls relay and can have the 12 V to be connected to Acom for power up. I assume have to use the RS-232 port (not RCU port), but what is the right pin? My Acom2000A is very old (I mean one of the very first ones).
    Pekka, OH2TA
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited January 2019
    It is on the RCU connector on back of the amp (connector that remote units plugs into). Momentary connecting pin 5 to 9 will turn on the amp as long as the amp main power switch is on.

Dave wo2x

• Pekka, OH2TA
    Pekka, OH2TA Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    OK thanks. So no voltage needed, just momentary connection with pins 5 and 9, that's clear. And then with DDUtil to actually control (and "see") the amp. My idea is to have the required RS-232 cable connected to from Acom RS232 port to a RS-232 -- ethernet adapter device (a simple and especially a cheap version of Remoterig device) on remote site and then have a control over internet with DDUtil running on PC back home. Let's see...
    Pekka OH2TA
  • Lasse Moell
    Lasse Moell Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    New ACOM RCU and 15-pin CAT to Flex 6500 CAT-USB
    Seems noone can get the Acom 2000A to respond to the commands sent out from a Flex?
    I have spent the afternoon trying to get it to work. Cable is a brand new FTDI and it shows up in SSDR. Logging enabled and shows data beeing transmitted. 9pin-15pin as just like Roby (as per Acom manual) but nothing. Very odd. BTW why does Auto-report have to be enabled? Using an USB-USB null modem (for my other amp) will start sending commands with Auto-report disabled.
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    edited May 2019
    I am assuming you are using the new style remote and connecting to the CAT port on the remote? Have you tried Elecraft setting instead of Flex? Check baud rate. Dave wo2x
  • Lasse Moell
    Lasse Moell Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Dave,
    Yes thats what I was trying to write: NEW (black) RCU.
    From what I can see, Elecraft is sending the same FAxxxxxxxxxxx; command as Kenwood but at a different baud rate. Have been through all baud rates (and stop bits too) and tried Elecraft, but nothing happens. BTW Flex is only listed as PowerSDR, and nothing there either.

Not sure what to try next... And noone here have reported success either.

• David Decoons, wo2x
    edited May 2019
    When I upgraded my amp to the new RCU I continued to to use the DB 9 on back of amp with DDUtil. DDUtil offered more functionality than just having the amp follow the frequency of the radio. I sold my amp quote a while ago. Dave wo2x
  • JOGESH DEWAN
    JOGESH DEWAN Member
    edited April 2020
    Hi This is A75GM from Qatar , can i have same way connect to flex 6700 Radio , can i have pin connection from usb side which is Tx and Rx and supply cable 
  • IZ2ODM
    IZ2ODM Member
    edited April 2020
    Hello , Try to use setting TS850 and 9600 baud. This is my setting on Acom that is directly connected to the USB of the Flex 6500. Also, I have Ultrabeam connected to the Flex , without ANY computer. New days I will be more precise and detailed. 73 roby IZ2ODM

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.