Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

USB Headset stopped working after upgrading to SmartSDR 1.8 - LAN Remote

Gary, KE8O
Gary, KE8O Member ✭✭
edited May 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
I run SmartSDR in LAN Remote all the time so I don't have to connect a MIC or Speakers directly to my 6300. I use a program called Audio Switcher to change my "default" sound device on the fly between the on-board sound card and my Jabra 9450 USB headset by clicking an ICON in the system tray. This combination has worked great since LAN Remote was introduced.  Last week after upgrading to 1.8 things seemed to be fine at first until I switched from the on-board sound card to my USB headset. After switching to the USB headset I heard the RX audio for only a few seconds and then it stopped. I toggled back over to the on-board sound card and the RX audio returned. So back to the USB headset and it stopped again after a few seconds.  This time before switching back to the on-board sound card went to You Tube and watched a video to see if other "windows" default audio could be heard through the USB headset and it worked fine. So windows is recognizing the USB headset as the "default" audio device but SmartSDR is not passing audio expect for a few short seconds after the initial switch. I downgraded to SmartSDR 1.7 and my USB headset is back in business. Anyone else experiencing anything like this after upgrading to SmartSDR 1.8 ?

...Gary, KE8O

Comments

• John-K3MA
    John-K3MA Member
    edited December 2016
    I use the same Audio Switcher program for my USB headset while operating both LAN and WAN remote.  Which is close to 100% of the time.  I usually do not upgrade to new releases of anything until sometime has past and any issues are discovered by others.  It was the same for 1.8.  I did not upgrade so if this is an issue with the upgrade I would like to also know as I will not upgrade when they release it again after fixing the other known issues.
  • Gary, KE8O
    Gary, KE8O Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Update: Today I reinstalled 1.8 and then did a cold boot of the radio before trying anything. The USB headset is working fine. I even powered off the radio and PC a couple of times to make sure it stayed working.  I know that Tim is always telling folks to try a cold boot by dropping power to the radio for a few minutes if they experience a problem. Thinking back at the steps I had taken last week that was the only thing I didn't try.  But then again I was  working on my 13 Colonies clean sweep and needed to get back on the air.

...Gary, KE8O

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.