Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

USB cables no longer function with v3.1.8

Mark K0JM
Mark K0JM Member ✭✭
I just updated from v3.1.7 to v3.1.8 and suddenly all of my USB cables (defined in SSDR and connected to the rig) no longer function. My Acom 600S used to change bands flawlessly with a CAT cable, my DEM 2mLDPA functioned as it should, and my W2PH antenna switch followed band changes with a Bit cable. Now none of that works. I enabled the Log function on each cable and changed bands several times. The Bit cable showed one, long-delayed (several seconds) command the first time I changed the transmit slice from 20m to 40m, but showed no other activity on subsequent band changes. There was no activity shown in the log windows for the LDPA or the CAT cables. There have been no hardware changes. Ideas? Suggestions?

Comments

• Sergey R5AU
    Sergey R5AU Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Mark, I have no issues on my 6700 with USB Bit to n 3.1.7 or 3.1.8 Works like on previous versions Did you performed “cold start” ? Or let’s try reset an restore profiles from backup
  • K3SF
    K3SF Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    hi Mark

i have 6600m updated to 3.1.8...usb cable goes to KPA500 amp...

USB interface still works fine for band switching with no issues here.

Like Sergey suggested, may need to to do 'cold restart'

PaulK3SF

• Patrick
    Patrick Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Open up the USB in setup,  look and see if the USB device is X’d out.  If so delete it and unplug USB DEVICE to force radio to read USB driver info.  When I upgraded to 2.6 that is what happened to me.
  • Mark K0JM
    Mark K0JM Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Removing and recreating all of the cables seems to have solved the problem. Thanks for the suggestions.
  • Harold Rosee
    Harold Rosee Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    I had to reset my 6600M a couple of times last night trying to track down a problem I was having.

I recently got off DDUTIL and started using the USB Cables.  They work great but after doing a reset all my definitions go back to the default.  While it's not the end of the world it is a pain to put it all back like it was if you can remember.

I had not saved a Global profile since starting to use the USB cables.  I could test what I am going to ask but it could be a lot of work if the answer is no so I will ask first.

Does the Global profile save the USB Cables settings?

Thanks,

Harold
    W5ZZT
  • Patrick
    Patrick Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    That item only resides in settings...

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.