Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

USB Cable by Slice A or B or ..... Not Working

Ralph Fedor
Ralph Fedor Member ✭✭
edited May 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
I found a post made 7 months ago reporting a problem with the USB Cable feature not working when using Slice A or B as a source.  I find that I am experiencing the same problem today when attempting to drive Denkovi relay boards.  If I use Active Slice as the source things work as expected.  If I use Slice A or Slice B as the source in an attempt to set up an SO2R station with my 6700, it appears that this still does not work. 

Or, hopefully, I'm doing something wrong that I can correct and make things work.  My setup is:  Enable, Active High, Slice A (or B), Band, 160-etc.  I've tried two different relay boards and two different USB cables going to the boards.

Flex 6700 (just back from a repair job), Ver. 3.1.8.145

Am I doing something wrong?  I really hope so.  All comments and assistance appreciated.

Ralph - K0IR

Comments

• w5ap
    w5ap Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    same problem with my 6600M. I can only use slice A to drive my auto bandpass filter (Top Ten) and SteppIR box. It works fine, but doing SO2R and 2 slices, I have to "unable" the slice A output or when N1MM switches slices doing "Dueling CQ", the filters and SteppIR try to follow whatever is active.  So I have to set the SteppIR box manually on the slice using that antenna.
  • Ralph Fedor
    Ralph Fedor Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Hello, JIm ---

Thanks for chiming in.  I find this extremely frustrating.  I took apart an SO2R station with two IC-756 Pros with band decoders that had more antenna switching functionality than the 6700.  Or, at least it seems that way.  Again, I really hope I'm missing something.

Ralph - K0IR
  • Eric Gruff
    Eric Gruff Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    I posted this almost a year ago and was told it's a known bug, but haven't heard anything about it being fixed. Many of us use BPFs for SO2R and need this functionality, so I wish it would be addressed. It seems like a relatively easy fix - the problem seems to be that the USB interface doesn't get the frequency accurately and so thinks each slice is set to 0.0000 MHz.
  • Pat KØPC
    Pat KØPC Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Ralph,
    I think I am successfully doing what you need. I am driving two 8-channel relay boards that switch my Dunestar filters in SO2R. The setup for my USB cables is below.

Give me a call if you have any questions.

73, Pat KØPC

• W5AP
    W5AP Member
    edited May 2020
    Can you relay what these relay boards are - where you get them and how you have them drive them from the 6600M

tnx
  • Pat KØPC
    Pat KØPC Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    I got my relay boards on Amazon but they are available from several different sources. See
    https://tinyurl.com/y9bf2zds

I plug them into a USB hub that connects to the back of the Flex. Just plug them in and set them up as shown above. Supply 12V to operate the relays and you're ready to wire up your filters.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.