Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

urgently need service manual for 6700

I wont go into details, does anyone have a pdf of a service manual for the 6700.
pls email to brenton@posnav.com.au
We have a time sensitive defense project and no response as yet from the USA and Future systems also no response.  Its an easy adjustment, just need to see some info to be sure.
Thanks if anyone can help.
cheers
Brenton
VK3CM
Tangambalanga North East Victoria Australia

Answers

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited August 2017
    For business reasons, this information is not for public consumption.  There isn't a service manual for the FLEX-6000s and at this time nor do we have any immediate plans for distributing that level of technical information.
  • VK6SJ
    VK6SJ Member ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Hi Brenton, You haven't asked me for any information which is why I haven't responded. My stance is the same as Tim's obviously. I'll email you separately on this.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited August 2017
    This issue is being addressed offline.
  • AG6JU
    AG6JU Member
    I am considering buying flex 6400 series, however, I have reservation buying radio, which service manual is not available. do service manual come with Flex 6400 radio ? or is there any way can be purchased separately ?
  • Neil D Friedman N3DF
    Neil D Friedman N3DF Member ✭✭✭✭

I have never seen a service manual available.

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

No service manuals are available. It is not like the old days of discrete analog components using point to point wiring which were much easier to work on or modify than modern radios.

The Flex (or any SDR) is essentially a radio server - it is as much computer as radio and not conducive to repair or modify.

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

@AG6JU

We understand your need for comprehensive service information, and we deeply regret that, at this time, there is no service manual available for the FLEX-6400 radio.

The decision not to provide a service manual for this radio is partly due to the intricate nature of our software-driven design. We appreciate your understanding of this aspect of our product.

It's essential to acknowledge that, in practice, there are limited components within the FLEX-6400 radio that a well-trained owner can personally repair. Specifically, areas such as the relays in the ATU or antenna switching may be addressed by skilled individuals. If you encounter any issues in these areas, we kindly request that you open a support ticket. Our dedicated support team is committed to working directly with you to resolve any concerns.

As is customary with most RF appliances, following any repair, a recalibration and alignment are imperative. This ensures the radio's correct operation and compliance with FCC requirements for spectral purity.

Once again, we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, and we greatly value your understanding and support. If you have any further questions or require assistance, please do not hesitate to reach out to our support team.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.