Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Upset in Charleston, SC

N4VGE
N4VGE Member ✭✭
edited April 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Why isn't there a phone number to call??????   I have a 6700 and bought the upgraded software and cannot open the radio on my desktop.  I was looking for an email with a key.  I looked for a phone number for a 2 minute service call and couldn't find it.  I tried to submit a service ticket and the serial number and software number is required.  ****.  I signed in and Flex can see this info.  I am not happy.  I just want the radio to work when I turn it on.  Field Day is in 2 days and I can't even get on line.

Comments

• Kevin J. Darrah
    Kevin J. Darrah Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    I've never had a problem getting a response and you won't either. If you feel so inclined, call the sales department and go from there. I've always had great luck with their customer service. 2 days too get the radio set up, you should have plenty of time. 
  • George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    What do you mean by "can't open the radio on the desktop?" Does the radio chooser appear? If it doesn't, check your network setup first; even with mismatched versions, the chooser should see your Flex - as long as you're on the same network. Worst case scenario, turn the PC off, the Flex off. Connect a CAT cable from your LAN port on the PC to the Flex LAN port. Turn on the PC and let it boot completely. Start SSDR and then the Flex. Let it boot completely, and you should see it connected. Update the firmware by following the directions in the release notes explicitly. Do not skip any steps.

• K6OZY
    K6OZY Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Serial number is on the back of the unit too.
  • dlwarnberg
    dlwarnberg Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    wait?  "ready to sell"?  

• Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    @Van - number and info is at http://bfy.tw/OCej  

Just like how Dorthy always had the ability to "go home" in the Wizard of Oz, it is there for you.

Additional there is NO key.  If you did a version update buy buying it through SmartSDR your 6700 is now "provisioned for the new version" in the purchase process.  Remember the upgrade is always for a specific Radio not for the amateur or shack.  

You didn't list what version you were upgrading to, so again generalized help - http://bfy.tw/OCf4

Perhaps you have the upgrade already and just need to make it work?  

Steve
    K9ZW
  • N4VGE
    N4VGE Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Thanks for everyone's comments.  In my case my 6700 is semi-permanently installed in my motorhome and the back of the unit is not visible.  Secondly, I could not place the service request without entering the serial number and software number.  The radio shows up on my desktop as "Available" and by putting the pointer over it the model and software numbers show up for a few seconds.  A screen print in those few seconds gave me access to the numbers needed to place a service request.  See my next post for hoops I have to jump through to load the 3.0.27 software.

• N4VGE
    N4VGE Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Since my 6700 is installed in my motorhome I am using a Verizon hot spot for the WWW.  BUT I have to connect to a LAN for the upgrade ALTHOUGH the "How to Connect your FLEX-6000 to a LAN" instructions in the first paragraph says "....or directly connecting it [6700] to your PC" .   So I purchased a $100 Base T Switch and now have to find a modem to plug it in.  Does anyone know if I will have to have this connection in the future and how I should do this from the motorhome and Verizon hot spot?
  • N4VGE
    N4VGE Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Try submitting a ticket without that info.  For me when I try to submit a ticket without this info it comes up red and says that this info is required.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited April 2020
    I have my 6600 in my motorhome also. I purchased a Pepwave surf soho router. (EXPENSIVE BUT WORTH IT) The hotspot plugs into the USB port on the router and the router takes care of the connection from there for the internet. You can set it up to use your hotspot or if you are in a campground you can use the router ro connect to campground wifi and use it that way. I have my Radio, computer and maestro plugged into the lan ports on the router and it works great. You can connect as many devices to the pepwave router wifi and the hotspot sees it as one connection only.
  • N4VGE
    N4VGE Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Thanks.  Extension 1 was support and Mike fixed me up in 2 minutes.  I need to use Microsoft ICS (Internet Connection Sharing). 
  • Larry _ NY8T
    Larry _ NY8T Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Enter the serial number of your FlexRadio SDR including the dashes (Enter "None" if not applicable)
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited June 2019
    We talked on the phone a while back.  I got it on the first ring.  :) 

All he needs is to turn on Internet Connection Sharing in Windows.

Mike

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.