Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Upgraded to v1.6.17 and......6300 Flashing green led, will not power up

Tom Warren
Tom Warren Member
edited May 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
This isn't the first time this problem has been discussed in the 'community' but maybe the first time with v1.6.17. Anyway it's a real pain to have to do a factory reset then reload all my profiles each time I boot up.
 What should I do to fix it?    Tom W4TMW

Comments

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Please describe the problem you are having in more detail.
  • Tom
    Tom Member
    edited January 2016
    Thanks Tim,

I'll start off by saying, yes, I read the notes you sent out before the release.  I proceeded to perform the upgrade to v1.6.17 and after waiting 10 minutes ( I timed it) for it to install, I shut it down and turned the radio back on by pressing the ON button as per usual turn on.
    The radio turned booted up normally and I proceeded to import my 'Profiles' and see that all was working as I expected.....all was ok.

I then turned the radio, computer and power supply off and left the shack. When I returned to the shack a number of hours later, I turned the equipment on as I always do but the radio (F6300) presented me with a flashing green LED for approx. 2 or 3 minutes. I shut the radio down and tried again with the same results, but this time let the boot-up process continue for a longer period with the same results.  I then did a factory reset which corrected the issue and then reinstalled my profiles.

Next, I proceeded to familiarize myself with the new CAT and DAX programs in order to fix all my non-working digital programs, (one of my logging programs was working). During the course of this process, I shut the radio and restarted it, then left the shack a number of times, including overnight. Each time the radio was turned on, I needed to go through the same procedure ( factory reset) to get it running again. I'm using a dedicated WIN7 Pro X64 and performed the required update of all drivers, etc. just hours before the update was performed. 

Tom
    W4TMW

• Steve Jones gw0gei
    edited January 2016
    If the upgrade to 1.6 worked ok why did you have to import your pre 1.6 profiles? I upgraded to 1.6 last night after following the instructions to the letter. I backed up my old profiles as a precaution but the upgrade program converted my old profiles automatically into 1.6 as expexted so there was no need to import them post upgrade as both tx and global profiles i had were already there. Could this be the cause of your problem? 73 steve gw0gei
  • Tom
    Tom Member
    edited May 2019
    Thanks Steve, that's a good question. 

Well as I remember, my profile drop down box was empty so that's why I did the import. But come to think of it, maybe it was empty because of the initial upgrade issue when it seemed to take so long ( 10 minutes) to complete.
      Anyway, before I do any more I will wait for Tim's reply then go from there.
    Thanks again, 73 Tom  
  • Tom Warren
    Tom Warren Member
    edited January 2016
    Correction on my Profiles box contents.....when I first completed the upgrade my Profiles box only contained the default profiles, so that's why I imported the balance of my profiles.
  • Dudley-WA5QPZ
    Dudley-WA5QPZ Inactive Employee
    edited December 2016
    Tom,

What if you perform the radio reset only without reloading your profiles.  Does the radio cycle ok then?   And you maybe correct,  may need to re-install the radio with 1.6.17 ..    We can take it off line to a Help Desk ticket for the solution..
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    This looks to be an issue with importing more that 48 profiles.  We are actively investigating this.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.