Upgraded to v1.6.17 and......6300 Flashing green led, will not power up

• Problem
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Acknowledged
This isn't the first time this problem has been discussed in the 'community' but maybe the first time with v1.6.17. Anyway it's a real pain to have to do a factory reset then reload all my profiles each time I boot up.
 What should I do to fix it?    Tom W4TMW
Photo of Tom Warren

Tom Warren

• 59 Posts
  • 24 Reply Likes

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Tim - W4TME

Tim - W4TME, Customer Experience Manager

• 9186 Posts
  • 3541 Reply Likes
Please describe the problem you are having in more detail.
Photo of Tom

Tom

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thanks Tim,

I'll start off by saying, yes, I read the notes you sent out before the release.  I proceeded to perform the upgrade to v1.6.17 and after waiting 10 minutes ( I timed it) for it to install, I shut it down and turned the radio back on by pressing the ON button as per usual turn on.
The radio turned booted up normally and I proceeded to import my 'Profiles' and see that all was working as I expected.....all was ok.

I then turned the radio, computer and power supply off and left the shack. When I returned to the shack a number of hours later, I turned the equipment on as I always do but the radio (F6300) presented me with a flashing green LED for approx. 2 or 3 minutes. I shut the radio down and tried again with the same results, but this time let the boot-up process continue for a longer period with the same results.  I then did a factory reset which corrected the issue and then reinstalled my profiles.

Next, I proceeded to familiarize myself with the new CAT and DAX programs in order to fix all my non-working digital programs, (one of my logging programs was working). During the course of this process, I shut the radio and restarted it, then left the shack a number of times, including overnight. Each time the radio was turned on, I needed to go through the same procedure ( factory reset) to get it running again. I'm using a dedicated WIN7 Pro X64 and performed the required update of all drivers, etc. just hours before the update was performed. 

Tom
W4TMW
Photo of Steve Jones

Steve Jones

• 104 Posts
  • 23 Reply Likes
If the upgrade to 1.6 worked ok why did you have to import your pre 1.6 profiles? I upgraded to 1.6 last night after following the instructions to the letter. I backed up my old profiles as a precaution but the upgrade program converted my old profiles automatically into 1.6 as expexted so there was no need to import them post upgrade as both tx and global profiles i had were already there. Could this be the cause of your problem?
73 steve gw0gei
Photo of Tom

Tom

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thanks Steve, that's a good question. 

Well as I remember, my profile drop down box was empty so that's why I did the import. But come to think of it, maybe it was empty because of the initial upgrade issue when it seemed to take so long ( 10 minutes) to complete.
  Anyway, before I do any more I will wait for Tim's reply then go from there.
Thanks again, 73 Tom  
Photo of Tom Warren

Tom Warren

• 59 Posts
  • 24 Reply Likes
Correction on my Profiles box contents.....when I first completed the upgrade my Profiles box only contained the default profiles, so that's why I imported the balance of my profiles.
Photo of Dudley - WA5QPZ

Dudley - WA5QPZ

• 212 Posts
  • 45 Reply Likes
Tom,

What if you perform the radio reset only without reloading your profiles.  Does the radio cycle ok then?   And you maybe correct,  may need to re-install the radio with 1.6.17 ..    We can take it off line to a Help Desk ticket for the solution..
Photo of Tim - W4TME

Tim - W4TME, Customer Experience Manager

• 9186 Posts
  • 3541 Reply Likes
Official Response
This looks to be an issue with importing more that 48 profiles.  We are actively investigating this.