Upgraded Maestro and 6300 to 1.9.13, poor (1 red bar) connectivity using Ethernet and 3 yellow on WiFi

• Problem
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Solved

Well, upgraded to 1.9.13 and the Maestro is back to poor connectivity, it's better this time on WiFi than Ethernet. For Ethernet I get consistent 1 red bar, doesn't fluctuate,1800 dropped packets out of 6400. For WiFi it cycles between 3 yellow and full green.

I feel better off using my iPad or computer since the Maestro is so inconsistent. I can sit at the fringe of my wireless range and have zero issues. I did the usual tests to remove the network being the issue, as usual latency is excellent on both wired and wireless, the only device having issues is the Maestro. I took it upstairs and it doesn't even see the wireless network while my laptop and iPad get 95% signal and connect to the radio with zero issues and full green.

I remote controlled a PC from work, VPN to my house and running SmartSDR with a near full green signal, that works better than the Maestro right now.

I'm disconnecting power and I guess when I get back I'll revert to a previous version and try that. I did a few Maestro reboots hoping the same thing would happen this time that happened last time where it would do another update but nada.

I'll open a ticket when I get back into town on Sunday.

Photo of KC9NRN

KC9NRN

• 324 Posts
  • 32 Reply Likes

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of KC9NRN

KC9NRN

• 324 Posts
  • 32 Reply Likes
Official Response

Steve,

Agreed, however the Maestro now that it has applied the upgrade a 2nd time is working perfectly so opening a ticket may be moot. I'm opening one anyway. :)

I am very happy with my purchase and admit to getting angry before I probably should. I'm listening to the Maestro right now on 80m and it's working great.