Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Upgrade to SSDR v2 and 6500 - lock up!

Steve Bunting
Steve Bunting Member ✭✭
edited March 2018 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Hi Everyone,

I have collected a 6500 from an estate sale and immediately upgraded to SSDR v2.0.19 via an ethernet cable. The radio is available in the SSDR Launch panel but clicking on it causes the SSDR to hang. No number of radio or PC reboots can make it work.

SSDR on the same PC works just fine with my 6300 with direct connection, over the LAN or via Smartlink. I assume that this is a problem with the 6500? What so I do next?

Thanks
Steve, M0BPQ

Comments

• Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    I am using a Flex 6500 and have never seen this problem, ever. I sounds like a disconnection problem.
  • Dudley-WA5QPZ
    Dudley-WA5QPZ Inactive Employee
    edited March 2018
    Check the version of firmware that is already in the radio ,   in the Radio Chooser window of SmartSDR v2 ,  move your cursor over the radio ,  if earlier than version 1.4,  go to version 1.4 ,  other wise try going to version 1.11.12 first and then you should be able to make the upgrade,  and don't load DAX and SmartCAT..  
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Mine is v2.1.32.104   is that the latest?
  • Dudley-WA5QPZ
    Dudley-WA5QPZ Inactive Employee
    edited March 2018
    yes it is ,   and don't forget to do the cold boot of the radio after the update,  this can cause some lockups if you don't.

Dudley

• Steve Bunting
    Steve Bunting Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Thanks for replies. All my SW versions match so that wasn't the problem

Dudley is spot on here - a hard reset fixed it! Thanks so much.

Next to sort out the unresponsive Maestro.....

Steve, M0BPQ
  • K1UO Larry
    K1UO Larry Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Steve, If you got ythe Maestro from the same estate sale, and it has been unplugged for a couple Months, then you may need to send it to your local Service Center to have the internal battery replaced.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.