Upgrade to SSDR v2 and 6500 - lock up!

• Problem
  • Updated 7 months ago
  • (Edited)
Hi Everyone,

I have collected a 6500 from an estate sale and immediately upgraded to SSDR v2.0.19 via an ethernet cable. The radio is available in the SSDR Launch panel but clicking on it causes the SSDR to hang. No number of radio or PC reboots can make it work.

SSDR on the same PC works just fine with my 6300 with direct connection, over the LAN or via Smartlink. I assume that this is a problem with the 6500? What so I do next?

Thanks
Steve, M0BPQ
Photo of Steve Bunting

Steve Bunting

• 14 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 7 months ago

Photo of Bill -VA3WTB

Bill -VA3WTB

• 2767 Posts
  • 610 Reply Likes
I am using a Flex 6500 and have never seen this problem, ever. I sounds like a disconnection problem.
Photo of Dudley - WA5QPZ

Dudley - WA5QPZ

• 212 Posts
  • 45 Reply Likes
Check the version of firmware that is already in the radio ,   in the Radio Chooser window of SmartSDR v2 ,  move your cursor over the radio ,  if earlier than version 1.4,  go to version 1.4 ,  other wise try going to version 1.11.12 first and then you should be able to make the upgrade,  and don't load DAX and SmartCAT..  
Photo of Bill -VA3WTB

Bill -VA3WTB

• 2767 Posts
  • 610 Reply Likes
Mine is v2.1.32.104   is that the latest?
Photo of Dudley - WA5QPZ

Dudley - WA5QPZ

• 212 Posts
  • 45 Reply Likes
yes it is ,   and don't forget to do the cold boot of the radio after the update,  this can cause some lockups if you don't.

Dudley
Photo of Steve Bunting

Steve Bunting

• 14 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thanks for replies. All my SW versions match so that wasn't the problem

Dudley is spot on here - a hard reset fixed it! Thanks so much.

Next to sort out the unresponsive Maestro.....

Steve, M0BPQ
Photo of K1UO - Larry

K1UO - Larry

• 773 Posts
  • 126 Reply Likes
Steve, If you got ythe Maestro from the same estate sale, and it has been unplugged for a couple Months, then you may need to send it to your local Service Center to have the internal battery replaced.