Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Upgarde

VE3DZP
VE3DZP Member ✭✭
edited April 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
That was easy! Ran my 6400M thru her paces and NO problems found after the upgrade good work folks. Can't wait to see what else you pull out of the hat.
73 Gary

Comments

• Robert Lonn
    Robert Lonn Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Did mine about an hour ago, Flex makes it EASY to do upgrades!!!  Compared to my Yaesu that requires a Masters in Computer Science to upgrade!!...
    I assume that SmartSDR and other remote Flex software needs to also be upgraded to the same version??
  • Robert Lonn
    Robert Lonn Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Looks like they fixed the HDMI issue as Tim stated.. Turned on the TV set, 6600M turned off,, No Signal on HDMI2,, turned on the radio and watched the 6600 boot up and everything was displayed on the 50" TV Set...  Actually you see more on the TV set then on the Flex Screen during some of the boot up period!! Thanks Flex!!!

Robert
  • Craig Williams
    Craig Williams Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Could not believe the Yaesu FT-991A requires FOUR different programs to load updates. Asked the Rep. at he DX Convention are their programmers still living in the 80's?
  • rfoust
    rfoust Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Yeah, I don't think most people (outside of the Flex community) realize how much more modern the Flex products are when it comes to software engineering.
  • KB4OIF
    KB4OIF Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Wonder If mine was updated before it left Austin after repairs????  It will be here tomorrow afternoon.  

• Clay N9IO
    Clay N9IO Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Rest assured it will have all of the updates. I confirmed my 6600 was updated, it was shipped from service on 5/4/18. Sigh of relief...
  • Clay N9IO
    Clay N9IO Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Can't wait to get home and try out the new software / firmware.
  • Robert Lonn
    Robert Lonn Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Just an FYI,,, before when the radio booted up, it stopped on a screen that would require you to select the software version you wanted, then it would finish booting up.. With the new software, the radio will boot up 100% to the Spectrum screen... Nice!!! However if you want to go back to the Software Screen, You Do The Following!
    • Touch Menu
    • Touch Radio
    • Left Side of the Radio Screen is reads :Switch Versions:
    • Touch :Switch Versions:
    • Radio goes back to software screen "Switch Software Version" if you want to resort to an older version, this will Download the older version.
    • Upper Left reads "RADIO",, Touch Radio
    • Now your back to the Info, Connect and Smartlink Setup screen.
    • Hit Connect, select your software version, and you are back up and running, Once you hit the software version, the load time is just about a second or 2, very FAST!!
    Hope this helps!!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.