Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Updated USB Cable Interface Guide

Tim - W4TME
Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
edited October 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
Based on feedback from the SmartSDR v1.10.8 Beta, we have made updates, additions, and corrections to the USB Cable Interface Guide.  You can download the latest version (v1.3) from the FlexRadio website.

http://www.flexradio.com/downloads/usb-cable-interface-guide-pdf/

Comments

• Ernest - W4EG
    Ernest - W4EG Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Will this information be integrated on the up coming SmartSDR manuals?
    Thanks Tim...
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    No.  This is a standalone doc that will be updated specifically for third-party device integration.
  • Richard
    Richard Member ✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Tim... et al,  More Information and Help.   Been working with Array Solutions and OM Power.  Subject is the USB Interface between the OM 4K and the Flex 6700 with a System 7 Computer.  I was using a Null Modem Cable and a DB9 to USB Connector, then feeding the computer.  When the new Software came out (v1.10.8.39)I moved from the USB Connector on the Computer to directly to the USB Connector on the 6700 without success.  The Flex was not seeing the USB Connection.  Jay from Array Solutions recommended using a FTDI with Driver  (DB9 Female to USB) with the Null Modem Cable.  I purchased a cable and "Bingo".... Worked first time with the OM set o Flex Radio and a Baud Rate of 9600.  For those out there with similar issues here are a couple of URL's to get such Cable Assemblies....  It really works...  https://www.arraysolutions.com/rs232%20to%20usb  and  https://www.amazon.com/Serial-Adapter-Chipset-Supports-Windows/dp/B017D51ZRQ/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1481904251&sr=8-2-spons&keywords=ftdi+usb+to+serial&psc=1    This really solved my problem and so far there has been no loss of communication.  Note:  The Wire goes from the XCVR Port on the Amp to the USB one of the USB Connectors on the Flex 6700.  Hoipe this helps.
  • Chuck Smith
    Chuck Smith Member
    edited December 2017
    This doesn't work for me and as Tim said the FT message is not implemented on the Beta version of of smartSDR software. What am I missing my OM4K issues the FT and the radio responds ?. I have the correct USB cable the radio sees the cable OK. You said your working with Array solutions is there new firmware for the OM4000?
  • Richard
    Richard Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Chuck....  Tried and failed initially with the Null Cable and Std DB9 and USB Cable and did not recognized the Cable under SETTINGS - USB CABLES.  Once I received the FTDI Cable / Adapter from AS and simply plugged it into the USB Port of the Flex and with the OM set to FLEXRADIO and set for 9600 BAUD it worked right away.   Surprised you are not seeing that.  Again I assume that you do have the proper FTDI USB Cable Adapter.  Seemed to solve my issues.  I was also able to go into that route and change the Name to OM-4000 Cable as the title under the Settings - USB Windows of the Flex.
  • Richard
    Richard Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Chuck,  Not knowing where you live but I know it helped me to do some "hand holding" by Jay...   Give me a call if you wish.  Send me an email . Address on QRZ is okay.  I will then send you my Contact Information.  Just simple walk thru... maybe it will help.
  • Jon Turner
    Jon Turner Member
    edited December 2016
    Tim: do u have info on cabling for Palstar HF Auto Tuner? Jon WW6ZZ
  • Mike Krzystyniak
    Mike Krzystyniak Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019

Greetings Tim and the Community, 

Quick Question: Is this "USB Cable Interface Guide" link (dated ~2+ years ago) the latest version of the document?  

As I was trying to find this I scanned the downloads list and I do not see this in the list.  Is it supposed to be visible here, or not?  Might there other downloads on this interoperability topic that may be not showing up?  Or maybe renamed??

Thanks  73   Mike K9MK/5

• N9VC
    N9VC Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    In the download section, in the table listing of files, below the directory, it is on page 13

https://www.flexradio.com/downloads/usb-cable-interface-guide-pdf/

• K5CG
    K5CG Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    File not found.
  • Cal  N3CAL
    Cal N3CAL Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Attempting to download the PDF from the link Tim provided but there is no file.   I get "file-not-found.txt"

Cal/N3CAL
  • K5CG
    K5CG Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Sent you the one I have (v1.4) in email.
  • Terry T
    Terry T Member
    edited August 2019
    Matt fixed the link.
    terry
  • Joseph Rodick
    Joseph Rodick Member
    edited September 2019
    Tim 

I need a new A/D converter.  I am having 5-6 s noise on 40/80 meters with no antenna connected with or without the pre-amp on.  On 20 meters I have a constant 3-4 s noise reading.  From reading a service bulletin, it appears that I need a new A/D converter.  Can you please send me one to swap out?  I have been trying to call for the last couple of days but have only gotten voice mail.  Thanks

Joseph Rodick
    WB4SSG

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.