Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

updated to 3.0 for my 6400 m cant get ft8 to work plus all kind of bugs

David Kowell
David Kowell Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in New Ideas

Comments

• N9VC
    N9VC Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Hi David, Please be a little more specific. Did you upgrade from version 2?
    And, if so, did it work on version 2? Plus what are some of the bugs you are
    referring to ? And WSJT, what does it do or not do. Receive, transmit, or both?

73, Jim N9VC

• mikeatthebeach .
    mikeatthebeach . Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    When I went to V3.0.19 with SDR iOS
    After a few transmissions, Transmit PTT
    Locked up !!! V3.0.19 not stable, crash after being on A few hours Also, Tried MultiFlex between SmartSDR On PC and IPhone SDR iOS No Tx Audio on iPhone Anyway, went back to V2.49 !!!!! Lots of Bugs !!!! What can I say Flex !!!! Bug City !
  • N9VC
    N9VC Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Sorry, you're having troubles, Mike. You might have to check with
    Marcus about SDR iOS. I am running version 3 here with no problem
    as I am sure others are. Some of the things to check would be a
    setting that changed, easier said than done. I take snapshots of my
    screens so I have something to compare should I encounter some
    problem. Because the minute I say everything is fine, watch out. I
    can post screen shots for comparisons if necessary. Dax channel numbers
    might be different, but the concept is the same. I run WIN 8.1 here
    just because WIN 10 has been the source of some of the problems.

73, Jim N9VC
  • Rocinante
    Rocinante Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Another ham here running version 3 on my 6400 with none of these issues. It may be worth noting that my 6400 came with V3 on it, though that shouldn't matter.  Anyway, I run SSDR, SliceMaster, WSJT-X and HRD all at once on Windows 10 via Parallels on my Mac with no issues. Thus, I'd be hesitant to blame V3 in particular, though you may need to update SSDR as well as all your other apps to get things working well on V3.
  • dlwarnberg
    dlwarnberg Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Did you reset the radio after the upgrade?  I saw the same issues with my flex-6500 until after a rest..
  • David Kowell
    David Kowell Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    I did  not do a reset after v 3.0 install   I am running windows 7 here  cw skimmer  slice master    wsjt   inop   along band change/antenna port problems   went back to 2.4.9 all is well 
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    David, you should do a factory reset. Otherwise strange things can happen.
  • Neil Friedman
    Neil Friedman Member
    edited June 2019
    Issueless FT8 following upgrade to 3.0 on my 6600M here.
  • dlwarnberg
    dlwarnberg Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    You should ALWAYS do a factory reset after any firmware upgrade to the Radio... 
  • Roger_W6VZV
    Roger_W6VZV Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    You'll want to check DAX and CAT to ensure that they are still set the way that WSJT-X is set up.  Also check your DAX rx and tx settings in WSJT-X.  
  • David Kowell
    David Kowell Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    checked all settings  for wsjt and cw skinner  checked dax settings
  • dlwarnberg
    dlwarnberg Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Do factory reset of the radio..
  • David Kowell
    David Kowell Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019

did factory reset I think still have problems     is there anyone here that will let me call him / her to talk   tnx
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited June 2019
    Dave, I need to run up to a tower site for a couple of hours. I'd be happy to connect in via TeamViewer and help you. You can watch what I do in the process.

If you are interested email me at my call at arrl dot net with your number and I'll give you a call.

Dave wo2x

• David Kowell
    David Kowell Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019

thank you very much tnx  k2cka /kj4mcz
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited June 2019
    Just a follow up, I was able to get Dave's issues resolved. WSJT-X was reconfigured to use the TCP port connection in CAT and reset RX & TX levels.

Updated his radio to 3.0.27.

Also updated and configured his CW Skimmer & OmniRig  to work with the new 3.0.27 release.

He is a Happy Camper!

Dave wo2x

• David Kowell
    David Kowell Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    now if flex radio had people like david  wo2x on the pay roll they would have tech support

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.