Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Updated Fldigi RigCAT files for SmartSDR CAT 1.6 are now available

Tim - W4TME
Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
Due to the changes to CAT for SmartSDR v1.6.17, the previous Slice A and Slice B RigCAT files are no longer applicable.  You should download the newer ones at your earliest convenience.

Updated RigCAT files for SmartSDR v1.6 and greater are now posted on SourceForge http://sourceforge.net/projects/fldigi/files/xmls/flex/

There are now eight (8) individual RigCAT files which can be used for any of the slices A-H.  

If you have a FLEX-6300 - only Slice A and B files are applicable
If you have a FLEX-6500 - only Slice A, B, C and D files are applicable
If you have a FLEX-6700 - only Slice A, B, C, D, E, F, G and H files are applicable

These RigCAT files will allow for using multiple instances of Fldigi where a slice receiver is dedicated to a particular Fldigi instance.  For instructions on setting up multiple instances of Fldigi, please see the following URL: http://www.w1hkj.com/FldigiHelp-3.21/Multiples.html

Or you can use this document as a reference: http://xa.yimg.com/kq/groups/22895450/988442793/name/How+to+Set+Up+Multiple+Fldigi+Configurations.pd...

When the CAT ports defined for each instance of Fldigi are configured for Auto TX, it is possible to have an SOxR digital mode setup, where x = up to 8 for a FLEX-6700.

Comments

• AA0KM
    AA0KM Member ✭✭
    edited April 2017

Not sure what is up with w1hkj.com but pinging it shows the website's worldwide are down.

Has been for a while now. May he went strictly sourceforge?

• Tim - W4TME
    edited March 2017
    Dave told me earlier today that his service provider is having some issues. I am sure it will resolved soon.
  • AA0KM
    AA0KM Member ✭✭
    edited April 2017

ok thanks.

73 Jeff

• Mike - AG6BF
    Mike - AG6BF Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017

I was able to download the files; however, the files are shown as " MHTML Document " files instead of " XML Document " and they don't appear to work. I firmly believe in operator error as the cause of most problems so where did I gum up the works?

Thanks,

73 Mike AG6BF

• Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    You did a right click as selected "Save as.." I bet.  Just click on the XML file name and it will download as an XML file.
  • Mike - AG6BF
    Mike - AG6BF Member ✭✭
    edited January 2016

You were right- but when I download the files they instantly come up as internet text files instead of giving a choice of how to save them. I must have an option set up incorrectly for the download. Tks again Tim.

Mike

• Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Got them. Working on Slice A. Haven't tried others yet. Nor have I tried dual slices. too much to do!
  • Paul Christensen, W9AC
    Paul Christensen, W9AC Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020

Same here.  No matter what I do, these files save as a .TXT or html file.  If I "save as" and name it SliceA.xml, what results is SliceA.xml.txt.

Using Win10.  Ideas?

• Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Paul, I used Google Chrome and just left-clicked the links to the .xml files and let it automatically download to my default download directory. Then I moved them to the proper directory.
  • Ed, K0KC
    Ed, K0KC Member ✭✭
    edited January 2016
    Paul,

I downloaded them without incident yesterday and I am using Windows 10 with the Chrome browser.

Actually as far as I know a .xml is just a text file, so you should be able to change the extension to .xml after you have downloaded it. Tim may correct me since he is the .xml expert.

Ed, K0KC
  • Paul Christensen, W9AC
    Paul Christensen, W9AC Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017

Ken & Ed.

Got it now.  Downloaded Chrome and the files now stay as XML.  Been using IE instead of Edge in Win10.  Tnx.

Paul, W9AC

• Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    It has how browsers handle certain file types when downloading.  Looks like Chrome is behaving (it is what I use too)
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
  • Wayne VK4ACN
    Wayne VK4ACN Member
    edited September 2018
    The help file link for multiple copies doesnt seem to be working but  try this if you need it

http://www.w1hkj.com/FldigiHelp-3.23/operating_multiple_copies_page.html

or the pdf

http://sourceforge.net/projects/fldigi/files/fldigi/fldigi-help.pdf/download

• AA0KM
    AA0KM Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016

Download google chrome and all works out better.

Something otherwise gets lost in the down load translation depending on which browser you use. As posted sevaral below here has said.

Chrome+1 Backing them up for sure!

• AA0KM
    AA0KM Member ✭✭
    edited April 2017
  • AA0KM
    AA0KM Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016

22 inch monitor just a shy short here for the bottom waterfall's but there it is.

Thanks Tim and everyone's help to get this going.

And to think I only have 4 slice's :)

73 jeff

• Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    You need to upgrade to a 6700!
  • Paul W5PF
    Paul W5PF Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Where are the XML files available? If I go to Source Forge all I get is an error saying it's not available.

Thanks,

Paul W5PF
  • Paul W5PF
    Paul W5PF Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Thanks Kevin, that worked. The link I had was very similar but didn't work.

Paul

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.