Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Update sequence at firmware load

Options
Joe WD5Y
Joe WD5Y Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
Just a note as this happened to me - after you download the update for the SSDR application, it will automatically start, I did not have my 6500 powered up at this point. In this case you need to close SSDR then power up the radio first, then start the SSDR application; all will load properly to the radio. If you start SSDR first then power up radio it will indicate through the bar graph a firmware update but the radio never shows an indication - "purple start button". This is just an FYI. 73's Joe WD5Y

Comments

• Joe WD5Y
    Joe WD5Y Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Sorry, I meant for this to show as a problem!
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Joe, I just tried your procedure and can not reproduce the behavior you observed. I powered off the radio and started SmartSDR v0.15.13. As expected the radio did not show up the the Radio Chooser. I powered on the radio and allowed it to fully reboot (it takes a minutes if the GPSDO is installed and enabled) and then it showed up in the Radio Chooser indicating it needed and update (this too was expected). I started the Update and the radio's Power LED turned purple and the upgrade started. The radio rebooted after the upgrade and then it showed up in the Radio Chooser as being "available". At this point I was able to run the radio and SmartSDR v0.15.13. Are these the same steps you did?
  • Joe WD5Y
    Joe WD5Y Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options
    This is a little different from what happened to me. Here are the steps that took place: 1) the 6500 was not powered up by the front switch; it did have power on power pole connections. 2) I uninstalled all software on PC - SSDR & CAT 3) I downloaded the update 4) After update downloaded, smartsdr started "the window came up" 5) I turned the 6500 on 6) The radio was showing up in selection on SSDR 7) I selected update 8) The bar graph came up and sequenced across but the radio indicator never turned purple 9) I powered all off completely and restarted the radio first and it worked fine - the radio indicator changed to show firmware update Not sure what happened; hopefully this will not affect someone else. I just wanted to post to possibly help others. I thought maybe I took the wrong steps in the load procedure. Thanks for checking this out. Joe
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    My upgrade required me to manually reboot the rig because it hung up. After reboot it still was having a problem, and SmartCAT wouldn't install manually (No screen indication at all after clicking on the menu item) so I uninstalled SSDR and SmartCAT, downloaded again, rebooted the computer again, and it all installed correctly. I am not sure what caused it, but it is all working now. BTW....Wonderful performance, especially the CW filters! WOW! Getting "Very Good," "Excellent," and "unbelievable" audio reports both as I adjust a little wider (2.9Khz) and more narrow (2.4 Khz) The simple fix for DSP will cap it all off well! Thanks!
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    Options
    You should have rebooted the PC after you uninstalled SmartSDR CAT
  • Joe WD5Y
    Joe WD5Y Member ✭✭
    edited August 2014
    Options
    I did reboot after all software was deleted; sorry I did not show this on the list. Anyway, after restart all worked fine; actually the operation is great! Thanks for the reply.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.