Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Update to 1.10.16.91

Ed  KC9JBU
Ed KC9JBU Member ✭✭
Updating to 1.10.16 from last full update.and had the following experience. Update went thru several restarts and then hung with the purple light and the updating message. I tried to power down by holding power button in for a minute but no power down happened. I shut off power supply for 20 seconds and then restarted power supply and the message and purple light came back. tried removing the ethernet cable but didn't help. I tried a Windows system restart and the Flex 6500 went thru a norman startup and all is working now. Just wanted to share with fellow Flexers.

Ed  KC9JBU

Answers

• Cliff
    Cliff Member
    edited February 2017
    Hi Ed,

I uninstall the old version reboot , install the new, reboot then update the radio, so far so good. Its a windows thing :)

Cliff VK2NP
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Ed, when the radio is performing a firmware update, SmartSDR running has absolutely nothing to do with that process.  Occasionally a processor will not reboot after an update and the radio has to be manually restarted.  This situation is covered in the Release Notes.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.