Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Update of system 10 left me with an error message

KC0EM
KC0EM Member ✭✭
Yesterday Microsoft did its big update to system 10 on my computer and I was left with the problem. The SmartSDR CAT now has little red box with word error in it and hovering over it I get the following message “has COM104 which is needed by this court.” I didn’t know what else to do so I uninstalled all of the Flexradio software following the instructions provided. The error message did not go away. Do you have any suggestions on where to go from here? Thank you.

Answers

• Gary m0gme
    Gary m0gme Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Don't fret, happened to me, just close dax, cat and smartsdr. Go to settings, apps, then remove FlexVSP + drivers and smartsdr 1.99, reboot then reinstall. Takes 5 mins.  
  • Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited September 2016

It really helps if you can be more precise:

1. Click on the bottom left Windows icon

2. Choose Settings

3. Click System

4. Click Apps and Features

5. Scroll down to the files listed above.

6. Click on the files and click on the "uninstall" button 

• Art, N4PT
    Art, N4PT Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    I had the same problem removed and reinstalled Smartsdr and all is well. I did have to redo all my cat ports.
    I did have a problem with DDUTIL (V3). I have a 4 port serial card I user via DDUTIL for Tuner,AMP,LP100 and SteppIR. The windows update changed the Serial port COM number to RS232 socket map. Took a while to figure it out, easy fix but annoying.

Art N4PT
  • KC0EM
    KC0EM Member ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Hi everyone,

First, let me thank everyone who replied. When I had uninstalled everything, I missed the FlexVSP drivers. When I went through the procedure again and uninstalled those drivers, everything returned to normal without any error messages.

I wonder if others agree most problems with Flex are not with their software, but the strange things that happen when Microsoft updates their work.
  • Ross - K9COX
    Ross - K9COX Member ✭✭
    edited September 2016
    The majority of the Windows 10 users (non Flex people) that I know have no problems with the updates. The problem has been with virtual serial ports (CAT) and to some degree audio (DAX). The fix is relatively easy just annoying.
  • Bob G   W1GLV
    Bob G W1GLV Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Win 10 upgrade to build 1607 went smooth. No issues here.
  • Mark - W6MSB
    Mark - W6MSB Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    I had the exact problem. For me, I did a "repair" on FlexRadio Systems FlexVSP and that resolved the problem.

1. Open Control Panel --> Programs and Features
    2. Select "FlexRadio Systems FlexVSP"
    3. Click on "Repair" at the top of the list (or Right Click on FlexRadio Systems FlexVSP and choose Repair)

Mark
    W6MSB

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.