Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Upadte Win 10 1903 went OK but...

Steven WA8Y
Steven WA8Y Member ✭✭
View update history shows; 0xc1900101 failed to install?

I closed SSDR and turned off my Flex 6600.  Then deleted my version of SmartSDR.

I started the update last night.  This morning everything was normal.  A woke up my PC opened a Browser and went to Flexradio.com/Support/download my version of Smart SDR.

I am back in and playing radio.

What is 0xc1900101 and why did it fail to install?

What must I do to install 0xc1900101?

Answers

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    google it, it's probably a Windows error

• k3Tim
    k3Tim Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020

Windows 10 1803 update fails with message 0xc1900101

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/windows-10-1803-update-fails-with-message/475daa02-6caf-43f7-b40e-35a898df122b

"A result code of 0xC1900101 is generic and indicates that a rollback occurred. In most cases, the cause is a driver compatibility issue."
  • Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=windows+error+0xc1900101 Will lead to tutorials, videos and more on your error. Nothing specific to SmartSDR, rather a generic type Windows issue. 73 Steve K9ZW
  • DonS
    DonS Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    You must update windows 10 v 1803 to 1809 first before you update to 1903.  Went through that exercise Thursday.  By the way I suggest you make a copy of Audio inputs and outputs and Ports (COM & LPT) in Device Manager.  The update does not play nice with Flex DAX files.  All the FLEX IQ files after the update had to be renamed back to the original IQ file names.  The upgrade changed them to Audio RX and RESERVED AUDIO RX.  Easy process that does not require you to uninstall SDR, DAX, and CAT.
  • Steven WA8Y
    Steven WA8Y Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Thanks everyone.  I am up and running FB.
    Instead of deleting my version of SmartSDR, DAX and CAT.  I uninstalled them, which I should have done the first time.
    Don't know if that made the difference. 
    Don, KX9Q, my system said 1809 was complete.
    I downloaded the 1903 update again, as per Win 10 suggestion.  Once the 1903 update was on my PC it updated pretty quickly (not overnight).  System updates are now complete, no failures..
    I went to flexradio.com/Support/downloads/ downloaded my version of SmartSDR and everything is FB again.
    Thanks very much everyone for your time and energy.

Steve WA8Y
  • on5po
    on5po Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Hello everyone ,
    I allow myself to use this post to remarket Tim, and Flex for the speed of intervention to solve the problems that Windows makes the use of a FLEX, it is my fourth flex, bought, it is the only one brand that has a consumer service also ready buyers.
    I also had a problem with 1903, everything now works thanks to the intervention of "TIM"

• Michael N3LI
    Michael N3LI Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Windows really needs an intervention.
  • k3Tim
    k3Tim Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Win 10 have been around since 2014 so it has 5 years of fixes + enhancements. A complex OS will naturally have some growing pains but the last several updates have been w/o major incident. The only difficulty (2 win10 PCs) was editing the DaX names, which took as long as making a cup of instant coffee.

• Michael N3LI
    Michael N3LI Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    I had two windows updates now rename all of my drivers, wrecking my setup, the first time I had to get Tim at Flex to do a service ticket, the second time I fixed it myself.  Perhaps MacOS is a really simple OS, but the Apple updates have never wrecked my setup. 

The windows 10 updates are wrecking a lot of systems, not just Computers with SSDR.

My eventual cure was a Workstation laptop with Enterprise on it to stop W10 updates in their tracks. Because when you have more failures due to updates than you do to malware, maleware isn't the enemy, it's the updates. 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.