Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Unknown Signal just below the 40 meter band

Options
Tom - WQ5O
Tom - WQ5O Member ✭✭
edited March 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
Anyone else see this kind of noise? It lasted for about 5 mins. Was weaker on my Yagi (pointed NE) than my OCF Dipole oriented NE/SW. It also faded a little while I listened. Good S9 signal for the most part.  It seems you never know what you'll hear on HF.  The time in the video is CDT.

I'm located in SE Wisconsin.  It's a very quite neighborhood with almost no local noise.  That signal was unusual and splashing into the CW portion of 40.  It was S5 on my Yagi and S9 on the OCF.  The OCF is a 6-160M antenna up 50 feet at the apex and the Yagi is at about 60 Ft.

Answers

• Wayne Schonfeld
    Wayne Schonfeld Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Yes. Saw same 2 nights ago on 40 meters.
  • F M
    F M Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Ferrell-KC0FGX   My Amateur Radio friend said that is Over the horizon radar. 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.