Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Unknown Digital Mode

Options
Ken Davis
Ken Davis Member ✭✭
edited November 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Can anyone ID the digital mode in the passband on the video?
Thank you
Ken
W0KRD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3utfvlJEoQ

Answers

• Larry Davis
    Larry Davis Member ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options
    jt65

• Ken Davis
    Ken Davis Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Thanks Larry - Thats about the only mode DM780 does not have.
    73 :-)
  • Dudley-WA5QPZ
    Dudley-WA5QPZ Inactive Employee
    edited March 2018
    Options
    JT-65,   you normally would use WSJT-X to decode that ..  And your station computer clock has to be within 1 second,  alternated one minute receive,  one minute transmit. Evens or odds.. 

A good link    http://hflink.com/jt65/

• Bob K8RC
    Bob K8RC Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Options
    That's actually multiple stations transmitting simultaneously. One of the requirements of JT-modes is time accuracy. So several stations come up together over the span of the bandpass.
  • Ken Davis
    Ken Davis Member ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options
    If my system sets time automatically to the internet time, would that get me within the 1 second window?
  • Bob K8RC
    Bob K8RC Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Yes, as long as you are using a program that sets time periodically instead of once-in-a-blue-moon like the built-in Windows mechanism.

I just checked and this laptop, last synchronized approximately 9 hours ago, was over 2.7 seconds off.

I use NixieClock from ClockVault.com:

http://www.clockvault.com/clocks/nixiehowto.htm

...mainly because I wrote it many years ago.

Bob, K8RC
  • Walt
    Walt Member ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Yep !

Tune to WWV and listen to confirm it . .

Cheers!
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options
    No. You should use a utility such as meinberg which continuously pulls the clock back to the correct time.
  • Walt
    Walt Member ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options
    oh well - guess I have a really good motherboard clock . .   my time has always been within the second.

Cheers again !
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options
    And will never have. Yes, there's a backstory here.
  • Bob K8RC
    Bob K8RC Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Actually, it depends more on how many interrupts your CPU is servicing.
    Updating the clock is still a low priority. 

Almost anything works better than Windows (especially Win10) in this area.

BTW, I'm not selling anything.
    It's freeware.
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I prefer a true NTP client which doesn't cause big steps in the clock. Instead it speeds up and slows down the clock as needed. It's like driving. The SNTP clients are like veering off course and jerking your steering wheel back to the middle of the road whereas a real ntp client continuously monitors the road and continuously keeps you in a straight line.
  • Michael Coslo
    Michael Coslo Member ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I use NetTime, and it works really well. 
  • Ken Davis
    Ken Davis Member ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the help
    Ken

• Mark WS7M
    Mark WS7M Member ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I think you also have what I have in places.  It looks like you have a power supply that is noisy and causing that swirly back and forth S curve you see right before the JT signals start.

I have these in many places and they drive me nutz.   I'm trying to find and **** them.  Check out this nasty video of 20m before I killed the primary offender:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7578983/20mNoise10192015.mp4

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.