Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Unique Icons?

George KF2T
George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
edited June 2020 in New Ideas
Suggestion - make the icons for SmartSDR, CAT, and DAX different colors or images. They're getting a little hard to keep track of. Working great here! THANK YOU.
15 votes

Completed · Last Updated

Comments

• Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Agreed. Different colors would help. Or large CAT. DAX. SDR letters that dominate the icon.
  • Ernest - W4EG
    Ernest - W4EG Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    They all look the same! They need to make them different colors beside blue. We are going blind trying to find what they are.
  • Bob K8RC
    Bob K8RC Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2015

AGREED!

Not only are they colored the same but it is a very low-contrast "paint scheme" which make them hard to differentiate sometimes. (64-year-old eyes)

If you don't have time just email the art to me and I will re-paint them for you.

• DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    This was discussed a while ago and got a big thumbs up. There are many inconsistencies with how the icons for the different programs actually behave, without any logic at all.
  • Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    I know this is old but would like to bring it up again as a feature request.  It is very hard for me to differentiate between the three icons. Windows 10 makes it worse.

• Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Thanks Steve.
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    If they just change the colors to have it different for each one and use a large S, D, & C in the lower right quadrant of each Icon, or leave SDR, CAT, DAX in the lower RH and use large Letters in UPPER RH quadrant, that would be great!
  • DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    This is an old request which I would like to see - nice ideas Ke. In v1.5.1, the RF Power and SWR meters are more difficult to read than in previous versions and there have been long-standing requests to improve their readability tool.
  • Mike KD2CJJ
    Mike KD2CJJ Member ✭✭
    edited October 2015
    I like Ken's idea also.. Maybe even have the color of the letter different but keep the icon the same..
  • Bob K8RC
    Bob K8RC Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2015
    The letters are too small to see when they're super-tiny in Win7's tray. CAT and DAX, especially, need to be different colors to differentiate.
  • Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Hi Guy,
    Here is the idea for the SWR and RF scale readability improvements.  There was a change to the scales in V1.5  -- but this idea would make them much easier to read and provide DIGITAL readouts too.

It was submitted 2 years ago and has 28 votes with a status of "under consideration." 

https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/idea_to_improve_the_swr_and_power_scale_readability

Maybe we will get this as a "buff and polish" improvement one day......

Regards, Al / NN4ZZ  
    al (at) nn4zz (dot) com
    6700 - HW......... V 1.5.1.70
    SSDR / DAX...... V 1.5.1.152
    CAT................... V 1.5.1.0
    Win10 

• DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    The scales are darker in v1.5.1 (I skipped 1.5.0) making them even more difficult to read than before.

Regards

Guy
  • Jon_KF2E
    Jon_KF2E Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    You can change the icon assigned to an application in Windows. All we need is someone with some talent to create the icons and you can assign them to each app.

Jon...kf2e
  • Bob K8RC
    Bob K8RC Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Yes, technically, you're right BUT to change the icon that is used when the program RUNS involves changing the icon embedded in the .EXE file, not just changing the icon used by the shortcut.

This is do-able but will probably upset your anti-virus software since you are changing the contents of an EXE file and, most importantly, you may corrupt the .EXE so it won't work.
  • K0UNX
    K0UNX Member ✭✭
    edited June 2016
    I felt your pain, as I was forever clicking on the wrong icon.  I solved it by creating desktop folders to keep the SSDR icon on the desktop, and the CAT icon hidden in a folder of "Things that I don't want to accidentally click on."
    Jim
    K0UNX
  • Bob K8RC
    Bob K8RC Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2015
    YAY!
    On behalf of myself and my 65 year old eyes, Thank You.
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Any preview so we can pretend? Perhaps even use them temporarily as an icon for shortcuts in the desktop?
  • K0UNX
    K0UNX Member ✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Wow!  Talk about RESPONSIVENESS!  I feel really good about that little box sitting in the rack in my equipment closet!
  • AB8YZ
    AB8YZ Member ✭✭

Is there somewhere I can obtain a copy of the DAX, CAT, and SmartSDR icons. I need them for my Stream Deck.

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

If you search for "how to copy Icons" you will find some utilities that can extract icons from executables. I have never used one of these, so I can't vouch for their safety from viruses or malware.

• N5NHJ
    N5NHJ Member ✭✭✭

I have them for my Stream Deck profile. What's your e-mail?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.