Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Unhandled error on Band Change

Options
Mickey N4MB
Mickey N4MB Member
edited January 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
On 30m, CW, clicked on Band => 40m, SmartSDR gave this error, then the error below that, then terminated SmartSDR. SmartSDR had been on 30m for 8 hours or so... I suppose this means "I don't want to go to 40m" Hope this helps... Click on OK and I got a bigger error box:

Comments

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Options
    What radio model are you using? At the time of the band change, how many panadapters and slices were open?
  • Mickey N4MB
    Mickey N4MB Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    FLEX-6500 One panadapter, one slice. I had left the rig on 30m, then went back, changed bands, it occurred immediately when I clicked 40. Mickey N4MB
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited March 2017
    Options
    OK. Has it happened more than once?
  • Mickey N4MB
    Mickey N4MB Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    > Has it happened more than once? I've had a couple of crashes, but this is the first where I've captured the messages. I don't expect a team of programmers to start working on this immediately, :-), I'm just supplying info that might be pertinent in the event this is a larger problem, or in the event others see it. If there's a core file or a log you'd like me to save in the event it does happen again, I'd be happy to do so. No expectation of action, as long as it doesn't do it in the middle of a contest or when I'm chasing rare DX. Platform - AMD 6 core, Windows 7 x64. Mickey N4MB
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Got it. Thanks for the info. I can write this up now as a defect for additional investigation. Thanks for the report.
  • Eric-KE5DTO
    Eric-KE5DTO Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I tried to reproduce this just now and wasn't able to get it to happen. I suspect it may be a result of some configuration difference other than just changing bands. If you can home in on anything in particular that seems to correlate to the crash, please let us know. Thanks for reporting this.
  • Tom-KJ4QDZ
    Tom-KJ4QDZ Member
    edited October 2013
    Options
    I've had it (the error) twice in the past 2 days using a 6500. The last instance I had one panadapter and 2 slices open, set up in split mode SSB. Then changed bands from 17m to 10m and BAM! I had just changed from 20m to 17m only minutes before with no error.
  • Sergey R5AU
    Sergey R5AU Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Options
    I can report following issues including current topic: my setup: Win7 64, F6700, Gig Ethernet with CAT6 cables, running applciations: CatSSDR, SSDR, DDUtil, MDLX or HRD, 2k-fa manager; 1. in version 1.0 i have get Unhandled error 2 times and can't recognised with any specific manipulation with radio setup or application, this error message appear after SSDR lost connection to the radio, where radio are not appear on SSDR start page. After several attempts to start SSDR and i get message : Connection to the radio lost, and i have recieved unhandled error message. Recovery - reboot radio 2. On this moment i have noted two cases what are crossing with #1: in case i got "lost radio", i push power button on radio - radio restarting completely and then switching off 3. Switch off with power button: i have not recognised dependencies, but, radio switch off with power button takes a different time from 5sec till 30-40sec, firstly i think regarding sifferent stages with GPSDO but for now after many attempts i have no clue with any setup behind 4. Just note regarding SSDR GUI: Menu ANT, in case moving slider GAIN, her cloud with number of the gain appeared behind "LOOP A" and "LOOP B" buttons
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Thanks for the detailed procedure for reproducing the defect.
  • Matt-KD5FGE
    Matt-KD5FGE FlexRadio Employee ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Your item number 4 has been fixed in the next release. Thank you for the feedback!
  • Mickey N4MB
    Mickey N4MB Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    More info... Same error, multiple times. This time CW on 30m for more than 8 hours (left on) on 30m at about 10.108, CW mode, ATU tuned, two slice receivers on a single display, tuned about 1kHz apart, Speaker muted, headphones active, clicked on Band, then 10M. Rig changed band, but displayed first error, OK, then the 2nd error. OK, then "SmartSDR has stopped working" click "Close Program" Attempts to reproduce it have failed, but slice RX disappears on band changes. No, I don't see the <A or anything, must click on +RX to get it a new one.
  • Eric-KE5DTO
    Eric-KE5DTO Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited February 2017
    Options
    We are completely the overhauling the band button behavior in order to implement band related persistence in SmartSDR v1.1. I suspect between those changes and the stability of the antenna switching we have made recently should address this issue. Time will tell. Stay tuned.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.