Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Unhandled error

Options
rfoust
rfoust Member ✭✭
edited March 2017 in SmartSDR for Windows

Hi, got an unhandled error just now when loading SmartSDR 1.2.1, looks like just a calculation bug when calling <string>.substring(), but I dunno. The center waterfall wasn't showing anything.

In addition, after I closed that error, I could scroll the waterfalls left/right but the panadapter display was stuck and wouldn't scroll with it.  When I restarted SmartSDR, it successfully connected to the radio but none of the panadapters loaded, it's just kinda sitting there doing nothing.  I have a network trace (sorta) of the data that was sent to/from the radio during the restart if you guys want to see it. The trace was captured using the packet sniffer app that I wrote which is still a little buggy but it probably got most of the data. :-)

Thanks and kudos to the developers for doing such an awesome job on 1.2.1, can't believe you guys got so much done in 3 months!

http://screencast.com/t/Nig9znyCBG

Comments

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Cold boot the radio (completely remove power).  Then clear/reset the persistence database and see if that helps. If not let me know.
  • rfoust
    rfoust Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options

I ended up having to reboot my computer and the problem went away.  Rebooting the radio didn't make a difference but I didn't try to clear the persistence database.  If it happens again, I'll try that before rebooting the computer.

I should add that when I was monitoring the network traffic when the problem was happening, the data coming back from the radio was very very slow with long pauses at a few places.

Thanks Tim!

-Robbie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.