Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Uncommanded Transmit with JT-65

Logan KE7AZ
Logan KE7AZ Member ✭✭
I have been using JT65-HF HB9HQX 3.2, Omni Rig, and SmartSDR v1.10.16.  When I'm out of the shack, I leave everything running while I'm gone and look at Pskreporter to see what I've missed.  After running unattended for about 36+ hours, I found the 6500 with the red light on but no signal out since I was in the digu mode and there was no audio from the JT-65 program. The backgound noise level on the panadapter was at its lowest level. The radio appeared to be in transmit.  Looking at the JT-65 window, I saw that the radio had been this way for over 4 hours.  I exited SmartSDR and the radio returned to normal.

The PC is Windows 7 with 16GB of RAM.  There were no other apps running.  The PC and 6500 are on a dedicated IQRouter with the remainder of my personal network in the IQRouter's DMZ.  This is the second time that this has happened while using JT-65. 

When I get a block of free time, I will check for any software updates, try to recreate the situation by rebooting everything and keeping better track of the start time, and if possible monitor, the CAT traffic on the COM port. (Time to learn a new diagnostic tool.) I'll admit that this may be a problem with the JT-65 app so I will be looking into this as well.

In the meantime, when I leave things running unattended I'll be sure to set the power out to zero.

Logan

Comments

• Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019

Don't forget to set the time-out-timer on transmit.

Jim, K6QE

• Bill W2PKY
    Bill W2PKY Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Recommend upgrading to WSJT-X or better yet JTDX  the decoding is much better.
  • Logan KE7AZ
    Logan KE7AZ Member ✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Good point.  Thanks
  • Logan KE7AZ
    Logan KE7AZ Member ✭✭
    edited June 2017
    I like the HB9 user interface but I'll take a look.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.