Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Unable to transmit using dax on 6300

Scott Homstead
Scott Homstead Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Im using the new ver1.43.  I finally was able to receive audio via pc speakers using dax on my laptop with a local wifi connection.  I am able to key the 6300 via the tune and mox but no audio signal makes it to the radio.  I have it set to PC in the in the TX pane.  I have the flag set to dax channel 1.  In dax control panel the TX button is red.  On the left side of the sdr panel of the were the button says DAX it says DaxIQ channel, I have tried it on none and 1.  In win8.1 the sound setting has the internal mike set as default and I noticed that in recording device it says that DaxIQ RX 1 is set as default communication device.  Any idea what I am missing?

Answers

• George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    DAX and Remote Audio are two different things. Turn it off if you're going to use Remote Audio. Make sure your default devices are microphone and speakers - not DAX. You may also need to adjust the levels for your PC mic and speakers (In Windows) to find the sweet spot.
    Good luck!
  • John n0snx
    John n0snx Member
    edited June 2020
    The only time you use DAX is digital transmissions... Not for Audio transmissions.... set up your Windows sound card Playback as default speaker(to hear pc speakers)on playback and the Recording playback  to default (if you want to use internal mic(not recommended)mic if thats what your trying to do... Turn DAX off for SSB  
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Exception... When I use my studio mike on BAL input and ALSO want to use the voice keyer on my logging program or K9DUR's Voice Keyer, I need to use a DAX channel so that I can use both at the same time.  Unfortunately when doing this, the VOX doesn't work on my mike.  But I use a footswitch anyway.
  • Scott Homstead
    Scott Homstead Member ✭✭
    edited May 2015
    Thank you for your replies.  This is a case of things make more sense after you start over the next day.  I have everything working on the local wifi now with the dax off.  Now to deal with the router for outside the local network...oh boy!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.