Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Unable to Tune on 60M

Mike KE4U
Mike KE4U Member
edited December 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series

Radio:   6400M with 2.1.32.104  Firmware

Setup: On any of the 5 60M channels, USB mode, TX filter set to Low=100 and High=1800 Front panel is connected and controlling.

Observation: Transceive works fine.  However the TUNE button does not transmit and in TX Menu window briefly displays a red highlighted message, "Inhibit: Out-of-band".

Anyone else experiencing this?

73, Mike KE4U

Answers

• Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018

Tim - W4TME, Customer Experience Manager

• 8451 Posts
    •  
    •  3142 Reply Likes

Tim - W4TME, Customer Experience Manager

• 8451 Posts
    •  
    •  3142 Reply Likes
    TUNE in SSB or DIGx modes occurs on the carrier frequency so that it does not QRM within the TX passband.  Since 60m in the UK and the US is channelized, generating a signal on the carrier will result in RF energy outside of the channel, which is not allowed. 

• Jim Runge
    Jim Runge Member ✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Switch to cw to tune.
  • YV5WZ
    YV5WZ Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Need to narrow Tx .... I guess USA rule is 1,500.... I had same trouble... and solved
  • Mike KE4U
    Mike KE4U Member
    edited March 2019

Thanks all. I can awkwardly work around this by changing mode to CW, TUNING in CW then changing mode back to SSB / DIGx.   I created an idea post to make the TUNE button operational in SSB and DIGx modes. 

• Mike KE4U
    Mike KE4U Member
    edited March 2018
    That is what I have been doing as a work around, Jim.  Thanks though...

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.