Unable to key the 6600M using the Maestro,have the correct mic selected am able to uise the atu. using latest software

• Problem
  • Updated 3 months ago
  • Solved
Photo of Gerald Schumacher

Gerald Schumacher

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 3 months ago

Photo of Neil   N4FN

Neil N4FN

• 70 Posts
  • 11 Reply Likes
What mic are you using? and where is it plugged in on the Maestro?
Neil
Photo of Neil   N4FN

Neil N4FN

• 70 Posts
  • 11 Reply Likes
If you are plugged into the connection above the power connector that is the Ethernet connector NOT a mic (at least on my Maestro). The Maestro has 2 Mic connectors on the left side as you face the front of the panel. Mic 1 is an RJ-45 and Mic 2 is above the Line In. Mic 2 uses what I call a pig tail that is two of the 3.5mm (1/8") connectors. One for the mic input and one for PTT. If you are using a Flex FHM-2 mic with a modular connector into Mic 1 that may be another issue and I can help with that.
Neil

Gerald Schumacher

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
You are correct I guess  82 years have gotten my brain. Thank you so very much 73
Jerry W7GGS

Gerald Schumacher

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
It keys and I get  a signal  however no monitor and no level of power out so must have screwed up the maestro
Photo of Neil   N4FN

Neil N4FN

• 70 Posts
  • 11 Reply Likes
Did you select the correct profile? And id Bias voltage applied to the mic if you are in MIC 1?   If you want call me at my home in the AM...If you email me "my call" @arrl.net we can talk about the issue on Friday. I am not sure where you are located but I am EDT. I would be surprised if you trashed your Maestro....By the way I have you by 2 years, I will be 84..sure beats the option!
Neil
Photo of Neil   N4FN

Neil N4FN

• 70 Posts
  • 11 Reply Likes
Jerry and I had a great QSO on the phone and we got to the bottom of the issue quickly. It appears that the mic manufacturer supplied FLEX with a number of mics (quantity unknown) with FHM-2 mics without the needed electrolytic cap and resistor so that when you plug in to Mic 1 with a modular cable on the Maestro the mic has no audio because it is not getting voltage. When used in Mic 2 with the pig tail it works fine since it gets the voltage differently. Working with Tim the wizard tech support dude this was discovered when I had the same issue as Gerry recently. I wonder why FLEX used a 1/8" connector for PTT on the Maestro rather than an RCA? It sure would have made one less cable for them to stock. All is well that ends well.
Neil   N4FN
(Edited)