Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Unable to connect to 6300 after 1.6.21 upgrade

John AD6NR
John AD6NR Member ✭✭
Trying to upgrade to SSDR 1.6.21 from .17. for my 6300.   Running Win7Pro on gaming grade computer.   After several fails, I uninstalled everything Flex and deleted all the existing com ports using Smart CAT.  (I verified ports gone via device manager).  Down loaded and installed SSDR - when I start SSDR it shows no radio icon - I power up the radio and the Icon appears - BUT when I click "connect" the radio icon disappears and the it does not connect. If I power cycle the radio when it comes on the radio icon will show in SSDR for a several seconds the "connect" button is green but and then it disappears and the connect support goes out.   Device manager shows Comm port 4 assigned to flex and Smart Cat shows the slice is connected to Comm 4 -  I am completely at a loss as to where to go to resolve this problem.  Any suggestions would be welcomed.  image

Comments

• Scott N8UMW
    Scott N8UMW Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Did you check fire wall settings and are you running VPN by any chance?
  • JB
    JB Member ✭✭
    edited March 2016
    Possibly an IP address conflict? Have you restarted your DHCP router (this assumes you are not direct connected - PC to the Flex).
  • John AD6NR
    John AD6NR Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017

Many thanks for the response Scott.  Yes I am running a VPN, however, it just provides internet to my shack where I am using an 5 port unmanaged switch to provide connectivity to my computer, and connect the computer to the 6300.   The 6300 was running OK immediately before my attempt to upgrade. I just finished the WPX contest and decided to upgrade to the latest version of SSDR. Would downloading the upgrade have changed something that caused my problem?  

• John AD6NR
    John AD6NR Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017

Thanks Jon - Thanks for the comment - a good thought.  I will look into how I have the IP addresses configured tomorrow.   

• Scott N8UMW
    Scott N8UMW Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    No, I don't believe downloading the upgrade would have changed anything. I have a couple different VPN providers with differing software and that one of them doesn't allow me to differentiate home network traffic from the Internet and it drops the connection to the Flex when it's enabled. Express VPN. The other I have I believe is IP Vanish and there is a menu setting that allows me to exempt local network traffic and the radio stays connected. I am also connected via the radio plugged into an unmanaged gigabit switch. Hope you are able to figure it out. If I can think of anything else, I will add it.
  • HCampbell  WB4IVF
    HCampbell WB4IVF Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Have you tried another cable? 
  • Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    May I suggest...
    After installing the 1.6.21  on you PC...
    Install a direct PC <> Radio cable for the purposes of this test.
    Reboot the PC and Radio
    Close SSDR... Close and do not restart DAX and SSDR CAT ( they are not used for the firmware  update)
    Restart SSDR and attempt the firmware upgrade... 
    If that works .. Go back to your original network configuration

AL, K0VM
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited July 2017
    I have converted this topic to a support HelpDesk ticket (http://helpdesk.flexradio.com) for expedited issue resolution.  If anyone else is experiencing an issue similar to this one, please submit a HelpDesk support ticket for issue resolution.
  • John AD6NR
    John AD6NR Member ✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Thanks  Tim - I going to try Al's suggestion - A direct connection not going through the switch.   I will post the results in the next hour or so.  
  • John AD6NR
    John AD6NR Member ✭✭
    edited September 2016

I did not think about that - good suggestion - but I switched the cable - no change

• John AD6NR
    John AD6NR Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017

I got a message from Dudley at Flex support - I reset the radio and that did the trick.   GREAT support!   John AD6NR

• Scott N8UMW
    Scott N8UMW Member ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Good deal, John. Happy to hear there was nothing serious with the rig. I love mine. Nice rig to have in a rather noisy environment like Flint. 73 N8UMW

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.