Unable to connect to 6300 after 1.6.21 upgrade

• Problem
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Solved
Trying to upgrade to SSDR 1.6.21 from .17. for my 6300.   Running Win7Pro on gaming grade computer.   After several fails, I uninstalled everything Flex and deleted all the existing com ports using Smart CAT.  (I verified ports gone via device manager).  Down loaded and installed SSDR - when I start SSDR it shows no radio icon - I power up the radio and the Icon appears - BUT when I click "connect" the radio icon disappears and the it does not connect. If I power cycle the radio when it comes on the radio icon will show in SSDR for a several seconds the "connect" button is green but and then it disappears and the connect support goes out.   Device manager shows Comm port 4 assigned to flex and Smart Cat shows the slice is connected to Comm 4 -  I am completely at a loss as to where to go to resolve this problem.  Any suggestions would be welcomed. 
Photo of John AD6NR

John AD6NR

• 34 Posts
  • 8 Reply Likes
  • Frustrated

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Tim - W4TME

Tim - W4TME, Customer Experience Manager

• 9200 Posts
  • 3561 Reply Likes
Official Response
I have converted this topic to a support HelpDesk ticket (http://helpdesk.flexradio.com) for expedited issue resolution.  If anyone else is experiencing an issue similar to this one, please submit a HelpDesk support ticket for issue resolution.
Photo of John AD6NR

John AD6NR

• 34 Posts
  • 8 Reply Likes
Official Response

I got a message from Dudley at Flex support - I reset the radio and that did the trick.   GREAT support!   John AD6NR