Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Unable to connect 6400M to the internet

I have a windows 10 PC, connected wireless to the internet.  I also have the supplied Ethernet cable connected from the 6400M to the PC.  Since my initial hookup, I have not been able to get the 6400M connected to the internet to acquire smart link or software updates .  I have gone into the PC's internet connections and set the wireless to shared.  However since doing that, the 6400M locks up in the load settings screen.  Any assistance would be helpful. 

Answers

• W8QB
    W8QB Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Here's what worked for me: connected ethernet cable from the radio directly to an open port on my network router and after the radio finished booting and arrived at the "connect" screen, followed instructions on the radio's display to download and install the latest version of SmartSDR.  Next, visited the Flex "Support/Download" page and downloaded SmartSDR for Windows, then installed it on laptop.  The final step was to download and follow the (straightforward) instructions located in the "SmartLink Quick Start Guide For SmartSDR". 
  • Rick  WN2C
    Rick WN2C Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    The way I have done it in the past when running a 6300 was to download the newest version from the Flex download page and install it on the PC. Then start the program and then turn on the radio. Once the radio came up I would click on connect in the software. The radio sees a new version of software and would upgrade to it.
  • Wayne
    Wayne Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    You need to create a bridge between the ethernet wired port and the wireless port from the ethernet network connection in network settings in addition to the internet sharing you have already setup I believe. If you have another laptop you can test it by connecting it to the ethrrnet port where you now have the radio connected and open the browser to see if you have an internet connection.
  • Joseph Rodick
    Joseph Rodick Member
    edited March 2019
    How do I create an Ethernet connection to bridge to wireless.  I show only an Local Area Connection Icon along with the Wifi.  I am using windows 10.  Thanks for any and all support.
  • Brooksie6444
    Brooksie6444 Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Try running an Ethernet cable from one of your modem/router ports to the back of the radio. You might also try a reset on the rmodem/outer
    Karl
  • Joseph Rodick
    Joseph Rodick Member
    edited February 2018
    The wireless router is on the other side of the house.  Unable to connect an Ethernet cable to it.  I just need to be able to bridge.  However, I don't know how.  Thank you for the suggestion. 
  • Joseph Rodick
    Joseph Rodick Member
    edited March 2019
  • Joseph Rodick
    Joseph Rodick Member
    edited March 2019
    Im stuck at this point on my computer, thank you again for your assistance.
  • Tom    N5MOA
    Tom N5MOA Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Select Local Area Connection and Wireless Network Connection and right click and choose "Add to Bridge

If I remember correctly, shift/click on local and wi-fi to select both before right click to add bridge.

Your pic doesn't show both selected.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.